Deeper

I landed onto the ground. I could no longer fly. The evil energy inside of me wasted away my strength. My heart was beating. I looked at that hand, the hand I had hurt inferno with and my veins were no longer glowing, my skin no longer that icy white that set shivers down my spine. I stood up to see the familiar rock formations, The frozen lake. At that moment I knew where I was and I thought it was extremely odd that my strength ran out here...that I landed in the middle of that lake.

Ryan! Whispered a memory and I could almost see myself swimming across the lake. My wet wings dragging me and slowing me down, Ryan was a fast swimmer. Ryan saw me struggling through the water and reached out his hand and I grabbed it. I smiled and we both splashed each other and played in the cold water on that sunny summer day. The birds chirped and the giant bass swam underneath us. The lush dark green trees swayed to the cool wind. I could almost feel it, me swimming around in that lake brought joy and cheer to my heart. I smiled at the peaceful memory.

But as I backed away to see the view now I saw that the trees had died off and wasted away underneath the frozen winter. The lake was covered in so much frost, so much snow that I couldn't see what was underneath it.

Soon the trees would grow back and the cycle would start again. In that cycle was peace and Harmony and at the end of that cycle was death and silence. Only the whisper of the frozen dead wind was the sound of winter.

But in that cycle, during the times of peace and harmony Ryan would come. He would come here, he had sworn it...I hoped. I would stay in this frozen valley forever till the Ryan I had knew and had loved forever would come.

Suddenly the ground gave a shiver underneath me and in a heartbeat before I could react I fell into the ice. I felt the cold water all around me and my giant wings dragging me down to the bottom of the rocky lake. I could feel the frozen water filling up my lungs, I couldn't move my body, I felt numb everywhere. My vision slowly blackened out. The last thing I saw was a grey blur driving into the water.

***

The Leon ran across the forest. His instinct slowly falling from his mind and suddenly he felt a new path unveil in his head, a path that had been long lost. He gracefully ran through the snow. His long tail gliding behind him and his paws hardly making a sound through the snow. It had been days till finally he had reached the end of his path.

He stopped in the warm wind. He stared at the frozen lake which made his eyes glitch. Then suddenly he felt danger surface into his mind and he ran like lightning towards a mysterious hole in the lake. In a flash he jumped into this hole and saw a creature at the bottom of the lake. He opened his jaw and gripped the creatures dress and dragged the creature back up to the surface.

He pulled the creature onto the snow where it was safe. The Leon panting for breathe. The Leon circled around the odd creature. It looked...familiar. He tugged onto the creatures cloth to see its face.

The Leon backed away. His mind suddenly clouded in confusion. His heart racing. His eyes glitching blue and grey over and over again. Then it stayed at a grey. The whirl of confusion fluttered away. At that moment the Leon suddenly remembered his name, her name, his memories, everything in his humanity came back to him.

Ryan looked at his paws. He flicked his tail. He felt the warm wind roll through his thick light grey fur. For the first time the instinct didn't consume his soul. He was stuck...as a snow leopard.

***

I coughed up the icy water and saw a giant snow leopard, or probably more like a saber-tooth tiger stare into my eyes. I gasped and sat up.

But within the cats giant grey eyes I could almost see a human. "Ryan." I whispered. The cat took a step closer and nodded his head. "What happened to you? I thought you were a snow leopard now your a giant saber tooth tiger?"

Ryan stared at the ground. He couldn't speak, not in this form. "Do you know Arrtian? You could use your claw-things to talk to me." Ryan looked up to me and nodded. Giant claws came from out of his claws which made a shiver go down my spine. He dug his claws into the ground and tried his best to write, I can't remember my leopard life I don't know why I look like this.

I nodded. What does it feel like, to be a snow leopard? I wrote back to him. I feel trapped, basically I have the body of a snow leopard and the soul of a human. He wrote and I followed him across the snow. Then I wrote above it, thank you, for saving me. He stared at me for a long moment. Then his claws shot out and he wrote, what do you mean?

I gave him a puzzled expression and he just stared at me with his giant grey eyes. Ryan, how long ago have you had the mind of a snow leopard? I asked through the snow. A few moments ago I got my humanity back. Wrote Ryan.

He didn't know he saved me? I thought confused.

I was drowning and you saved me Ryan, see! I wrote then stood up and pointed at the giant hole. He stared at the hole for a long moment. I wish I knew what expression he was making, but obviously he couldn't make one. Well your very welcome! He wrote and he faced me and opened his jaw which made his face look very silly. "Ryan are you trying to smile." I laughed. Ryan nodded with the same expression on his face.

We kept on writing through the snow all afternoon...