47. Trust me or dont

A/n last four chapters and I'm coming to snatch wigs so beware.

Cookie POV
two weeks later

"Alright girls lets see a smile!" The photographer screams towards my friends and I. We're doing a photoshoot for Essence magazine called the Fiercest over forty. It's a segment they do every year. They pick five women who have made an impact during the year and interview them to talk about their brand or business. I was first to be chosen because of Lyon dynasty and empire. They also allowed me to help pick the rest of the candidates, which I've done over the past few weeks. This segment has been a great distraction for me.

"Yes! Yes honey that's it right there!" The photographer yells

"Yes! Yes honey that's it right there!" The photographer yells. "Absolutely perfect cookie"He adds snapping a few more. "I love it ladies, I think we got enough"he says scrolling through the hundreds of pictures he took of us today.

"Alright thanks" I says as he packs up his things.

"Damn Cookie that took forever these heels hurt like a motherfucker too" gabby says while un-clipping her heels.

"I told you it was gonna be long, and I also told your ass to wear something comfortable on your feet but you wanted to show off so don't complain now"I say making everyone laugh along with the photographer as he leaves.

"Cookie! Cookie!" Porsha yells rushing through the door.

"What" I snap startled by her outburst.

"Lucious called me and told me you need to answer the phone cuz he needs to talk to you asap" she reveals making me look at my phone. There's ten missed calls from him. I know this can't be anything good judging by the text messages he left either. Damn just when things were getting back to normal.

"Okay thanks" I say dismissing porsha while the phone stats to ring. He picks up on the first couple rings.

"Damn Cookie why didn't you answer your phone" lu snaps immediately shifting my mood.

"Shit well hello to you too" I remark.

"Seriously Cookie I'm not playing" he quickly says. "I need you to come down to empire right now" lu adds.

"What? Why? I'm supposed to be with my girls today. We just finished the shoot and" I say only to be cut off.

"Listen I'm sorry to cut into your plans but some shit is about to pop off and I need your ass here. I'm sending a car" lu demands rudely hanging the phone up on me.

"What's wrong" gabby asks as I frown at the phone.

"Lucious needs me at empire somethings going on" I nervously say grabbing my purse. "Y'all can stay here till I get back" I add walking out before anyone can object.

As I walk into empire I can feel the tension because when Lucious is upset no one in his vicinity is happy.

"Who's in there?" I ask the guards posted in front of Lucious office, which is unusual.