1. Caged Animal

BEFORE YOU START READING, LIKE THE SHOW THIS BOOK HAS PERFORMANCES THAT WILL BE A BETTER EXPERIENCE IF YOU LISTEN TO THE SONGS NAMED ON EACH CHAPTER !

Cookie P.O.V

Three months ago

'A ghetto rat' he called me that as his behind was being hauled off to jail. He really thinks I snitched on him. Even after doing seventeen years for his ass he still don't know I would never snitch. It just shows me that he really never truly knew me. Its fucked up really I mean he just doesn't understand how much I cared for him back then and he just divorced me without a call or explanation. But I still never told on his ass, I could've at any moment. They wanted him locked up so bad especially when he started to become famous. Numerous lawyers , prosecutor's , and even a judge once asked me to testify against him and I could walk the same day.

But I never did no matter how much I missed my kids and my family. Some people would call me stupid ,naive even for not turning him in when he divorced me but I just couldn't bring myself to tell on him. I'm just way too loyal.

So when they slapped those cuffs on his wrist, the look of disgust on his face when he looked at me really stung. Now here I am sitting on his office floor crying like an idiot over a man who just can't seem to stop breaking my heart.

Even Mal was eye ballin me like I'm the one who did it. As I bring the cold drink to my lips to dull the pain, I can here someone enter his office.

"No! No I need to know what evidence and for how long they can hold him! I mean they can't have anything on him, the only person who know about the three horsemen and Bunk is Cookie. We all know she ain't no snitch." Andre shouted into the receiver. "Oh okay so you're telling me you can't figure out who ratted on him! Then why waste my time?!" I could hear my oldest son end the call still not noticing my presence as he made his way to the mini bar, Jamal slowly following behind him.

"God damn mom!" Jamal said taking two steps back once he realized my presence.

"I know I've been crying but do I really looked that hideous?"tossed up at him with a smirk as I devour what's left of my drink.

"No. I just didn't expect to see you here after earlier." He adds referring to when his father was arrested and then he basically called me a snitch.

"Boy, why wouldn't I be here? I didn't snitch if that's what you're asking." I bluntly stated sending a scowl in his direction.

"Well I mean somebody had to. You were mad at him for him kicking you out of empire and sending yo boy toy away so how I know its not you? Plus that whole hostile takeover bullshit." Jamal countered protecting his father. I stood to my feet and wobbled over to him clearly a little more tipsy than I thought.

"If I wanted to snitch on that asshole you call a father I could've years ago and saved my self a whole ton of suffering. You know damn well I only did that to get back at him but I never was gonna persue it. So don't you dare accuse me of doing something so low! I don't know why you praise the ground he walks on when he treated you like trash your whole life! Tell Lucifer I said he can kiss my ass because I ain't snitch and imma prove it." I yelled my hands balled up by my side. This seemed to catch Jamal off guard as he stepped back hands in the air. "Oh and when I do prove it I want some respect around here! I can't believe I wasted so many years of my life on sum ungrateful ass children and a fucking boy who claims to be a real man." I added grabbing my coat and walking out the office as my heart throbbed at the mere fact that I still love him and that makes me sick.

Present day

Lucious P.O.V

I'm a Lyon.

I'm a god.

How dare they arrest me?

I'm not saying I didn't do the crime but I'm invincible they should know by now that putting me in a cage only going to make me grow stronger.

Who ever did this to me is going to pay the ultimate price.

I can't wait to get my hands on the snitch so I can skin them alive.

I know it wasn't cookies ass because jamal said there's no possible way and I feel bad because I accused her, even after she did 17 years in hell for me.

I know the whole hostile takeover bullshit was just her way of getting back at me but quite honestly I'm not mad. Since I've been away they stopped trying to take it over and came back to empire to help mal and I can't say I'm not happy.

Jamal said he would try and get her to come visit but its been weeks since he visited me himself. I know he's busy running the Empire but I just feel like I've been forgotten about. I can't imagine how Cookie felt spending years in this place, I've only been here for a few months and I already want nothing more but to see the sun for once..

Vernon's black ass has been M.I.A through this whole thing. He probably fell off the wagon again, but I'm worried he never stays away this long. I wonder if he even knows I've been arrested.

The last time I was in jail was when I was 18. Me and cookie were hustling and I got caught selling weed. Since I had limited priors I got 6 months and I wasn't famous so I did my time reguarly. Now this bullshit is fustrating,I'm in my own cell and wing 23 out of 24 hours a day. Nobody really is ever here except for two guards who switch off whenever. They are both big fans who let me do whatever. I'm basically just doing me but it gets lonely and I want to be able to run my company my damn self and not tell my damn son every single move and hope it gets it right.

My lawyers says that there's only a matter of time before they are forced to let me go, because their key witness is no where to be found. So it looks like I'm home free, maybe a week or two and I'll be a free man.

I just wish cookie would come see me because I miss her loud ass.Hell I even miss bickering about pointless stuff all day long and I feel bad that I kicked her out the Empire. If anything that company is as rightfully hers as it is mine but I won't ever admit that.

I can't blame her for finding comfort in another mans arms either because I forced her away breaking her heart once again. I feel like shit knowing that I'm the one who keeps hurting her but I just can't let her go and move on.

Being locked in a cell day in and day out and having to be left behind as the world around you moves on really made me face the fact that I LOVE Cookie and when I get out of here I'm

coming to reclaim what's MINE.

A/n so if you've watched empire than you'll understand this chapter if you haven't you need to at least watch a recap of the season one on YouTube. I'll leave a link to one below!

-destiny👅..