6. Boo Boo Kitty

Andre P.O.V

When dad was arrested mom thought it would be best to quit the hostile takeover and just go back to Empire to help mal.

So we did that but in the process of it all we dropped anika and I feel bad because I hear she's really struggling. I mean I would help her but I don't want to upset my dad and mess with my chances of becoming the next person to take over Empire.

She reached out to me the other day and said she'd like to talk to my family about some news she's obtained. I don't know what she wants to say but I told dad and he invited the family over to his house so we can all hear it.

So here we are all sitting on dads couch. Everyone from cookie to thirsty are posted up waiting for Anika to show up.

"Dre we don't got time for this! Where that bitch at I'm trying to get back to work, I missed my facial for this too" my mom says a permanent scowl on her face.

"Ma I'm sorry, she should be here any minute" I state.

"She better or I'm leaving" my mom counters pushing my dads hand off her thigh. I've noticed my parents being more touchy feely the past day or so. There's no doubt they slept together. Me and my bothers noticed this and I can't say im not overjoyed. I grew up with my parents always being extra lovey and so when I see them together it brings up memories, good ones.

About fifteen minutes later in walks anika. She looks the same a little drained if you ask me. But you never know with her.

"Boo Boo kitty, what a pleasant surprise" my mom says as she stands and approaches ankia. Me and my brothers exchange glances before we turn back to the scene unfolding in front of us.

"Um hi, cookie could I talk to you for a second alone before I talk to the whole family" anika says her voice breaking a few times. Her gaze stays on the floor as she awaits my moms response.

"Okay" my mom says catching us all by surprise, I was waiting for her witty comeback, but it dont look like she has one.

Cookie P.O.V

"Anika we've been standing here for a good five minutes, what's wrong?" I question as nicely as I could possibly muster up for a person I despise. But I can see somethings wrong with her..

"Luscious, he has a child-" I cut her off before she can say anything to make me snap her neck. Me and Lu slept together days ago and I don't know where we stand, but if this shit is true we're back to where we started a year ago with no trust and a broken foundation.

"Anika please tell me you ain't trying to make me believe some bullshit like that" I state bluntly rolling my eyes as I sip on my drink.

"Listen, I just want you to know and protect yourself. See I know y'all are probably back together and that means he didn't tell you. I found out right before you got out.She's almost Andre's age. I approached him about it and he said it was true. Even taking care of his daughter to this day" she says and I can immediately feel my blood pressure skyrocket.

"How do I know you're not lying" I state trying to hold back tears. Me and luscious always wanted a little girl, but the fact this child was born during our marriage makes me question a whole lot.

"Because im not plus he wanted me gone so badly because he knows he can easily spin this when it came out. He can make you believe anything"

"Are you saying I'm stupid or naive?" I say raising my voice a little causing all the attention in the room to shift to us.

"Am I ? I mean I'm trying to save you from yourself cookie. I know how hard it was for you to be away from your kids and I'd hate for you to miss out on your stepdaughters life"she says a smile as fake as her personality plastered on her face.