13.5 Birthday Bash pt.2

Hakeem's P.O.V

My fiancée and I walk hand and hand along the beach as the second day of partying is in full swing.

"I love this" T whispers as she looks at the skyline.

"What, exactly" I question, curiosity filling my tone.

"Everything, I mean us together engaged, with your family on an island with no drama" she states not breaking her gaze from the mesmerizing sunset

"Yeah I feel you" I state wrapping my arms around her from the back.

"Aye! Keem, T! Come, we're playing games" Jamal shouts from the back porch of our luxurious home on the beach. We dash towards the house trying to beat each other out only to find our whole family/friends already gathered around the living room. We pick a seat next to Mal and Sky.

"Okay we're playing, truth or dare, with a twist though!"Mom best friend Kesha says

"Yep, and if you don't want to answer you have to take two shots to the head" Liz, a white girl mom grew up with adds while she pours the shots. "C, since its your birthday weekend you'll go first, truth or dare?"

"Truth because I'm scared of what you'll dare me to do, plus I'm trying to get drunk" mom reveals laughing

"Okay, so this one will be light. Is it true, that the only reason you went on a date with Lu was because you wanted to piss off bunk?" She pokes.

"Really?" Mom asks covering her face as she turns red. "Yes okay, I went on a date with you because I wanted to piss off bunk plus I thought you were really hot" mom adds smiling as everyone breaks out in laughter.

"Oh so that's how it is" dad says untangling his arm from moms making her smile fade.

"Your turn, truth or dare" Liz says to dad.

"Dare" he says rubbing his hands together.

"Ight, I dare you to tell us one thing you hate about cooks" she sings making mom glare over at her.