42.Time can't heal all wounds

9 MONTHS LATER

Tiana P.O.V

"Stop it Maria give me that" I yell snatching the remote from her saliva drenched hands.

"Mama" she whines grabbing my arm.

"Go play with your brother" I dismiss her as she wattles away. Looking at the clock I take a deep breath. It's nine in the morning and Keem still isn't home.

I pull out my phone deciding to call him for the fifth time since last night, but the front door opening stops me.

"What the fuck hakeem?" I snap watching him stumble through our bedroom door.

"What's wrong now?" He snaps back while unbuckling his jeans.

"It's nine in the morning Hakeem! We have two babies you can't come in when you please, drunk at that. You know what I don't have time for this" I say standing and walking out our room. I grab all the stuff I need and head out to work deciding to take my babies with me.

Cookie POV

"Stop Lucious stop" I laugh.

"You know you like it" he jokes continuing to kiss on my neck.

"Cookie!" I hear Tiana call. Lu leans off me as she walks in our office holding Maria and Jacob in her arms. "Oh hey Lucious" she adds.

"What's up?" I ask kissing both Jacob and maria on the head.

" I need you to watch them for me today. I got a fashion shoot in a hour plus I gotta vist my dad in the hospital later -" I cut her off.

"Hakeem at home drunk again?" I ask shaking my head.

"Yeah he got in at nine talking about 'what's wrong now?' I don't got time for his ass today and I didn't wanna leave them with him, he's dead to the world when he's drunk" she breathes out sitting down.

"Okay. I'll watch em, I haven't seen my babies in forever anyways" I say grabbing them up. "I'll talk to Keem don't give up on him just yet T" I add as she walks out head hung low.

"What the he'll is wrong with our son cooks ?" Lu asks while playing  with jacob.

"I don't know but I'm gonna find out" I say getting my purse. "I'll be back" Lucious nods as I leave out our office.

Rhonda POV

"Dre! Dre! He's kicking feel" I scream.

"Really" dre asks running in the room.

"Yes right here" I place his hand on my belly and watch as a huge smile forms on his face. This baby really has brought us back  together.

"I can't wait till he's born Rhonda just a week" he says.

"I know but I'm scared" I reveal.

"You'll be fine Rhonda I'll be right   by your side the whole entire time" he assures me.

"Promise?" I question.

"Of course honey " he says pecking my lips. "Now let me finish your breakfast"

Hakeem POV

"What the fuck?" I murmurs sitting up, the pounding on my house door only getting louder.

"Move boy" My mom snaps pushing through my front door.

"What's wrong ma?" I ask shuffling behind her as she walks towards the living room looking around.

"What's wrong is your behavior the past few months. See I know your grown and everything Hakeem but I can't keep acting like there's nothing wrong" she says looking me in the eyes.

"Theres nothing wrong ma" I reply sitting on the couch beside her.

"Um sorry have you not seen yourself lately. Your drunk as hell right now Hakeem and it's ten in the morning. Plus you haven't been there for your wife or your babies. You haven't wrote any music in months and look at you, you look like a homeless bum" she snaps raising her voice.

"It's not that serious" I say.

"Stop lying to yourself boy. You know you've been lacking. What's wrong Hakeem?" She asks a little calmer.

"Nothing ma" I lie.

"Alright don't tell me. But know that if you keep acting like this you'll lose everything. Your career, me, Lucious,  your brothers, Tiana and your babies. Once that happens I can't help you Keem" she says honestly.

"You wouldn't understand ma" I finally say.

"What won't I understand?" She asks.

"I cant. I just did some stuff and I can't handle it" I admit.

"I always told your ass to stop trying to be what your not" she murmurs. "What you do Keem? The only way your gonna feel better is if you get it off your chest" she adds.

"Okay fine but it stays between us ma. You can tell dad or Tiana" I say.

"Alright I promise"

Jamal POV

I can't help but laugh as Xavier falls on his butt for the hundredth time today. Skye is trying to teach him to walk for longer than 30 seconds but it's just not working.

"Da-da" Xavier spits reaching for me.

"You had enough of Mama today? Come er big boy" I say picking him up.

"Mal he'll never learn if we don't practice with him" Skye says pulling her hair into a bun.

"He's only 8 months relax" I joke.

"I know but the twins are only a week older and they ready to have full conversations" Skye laughs.

"They are not, calm down" I say shaking my head.

"Come one we gotta get ready anyways. It's already 11:30" Skye says referring to our studio time at empire.

"Alright you called the babysitter" I ask walking to the bathroom.

"Yeah she should be here in 15" I nod my head closing the bathroom door.

Tiana POV

I'm getting glances from everyone as I walk through the hospital in my photo shoot outfit . It's not inappropriate but it's not something you wear to the hospital.

As I approach my dad's room I see someone standing beside his bed.

"Can I help you?" I ask. With one spin I realize it's my sister.

"Hey T" she whispers in tears.

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with dad?" I snap walking closer to his hospital bed.

"I just had to come and see him the doctors were saying he's not doing too well" Kelly say wiping at her eyes.

"He'll be fine" I assure her placing the flowers I  got him by his bed.

"T he's been in a coma for three months" she says.

"Have some hope " I murmurs sitting down and grabbing his hand.

"Yeah...well how's the twins? " she questions.

"Let's not" I simply reply.

"It's not that serious anymore Tiana. You act like they were kidnapped or hurt. I had a responsible party months ago. Get over it " Kelly says.

"That's not the point Kelly and you know and the fact that you can't apologize or even admit that your wrong makes me even more mad honestly" I say standing to leave, I don't know why we're having this conversation again.

"Okay whatever Tiana tell my babies their auntie loves them" she remarks turning her back to me. I roll my eyes as I walk out the hospital room. Everyone is getting on my nerves today.