41. Nothing's ever truly done

PAY ATTENTION THIS CHAPTER IS FROM MANY POINT OF VIEW'S PAST AND PRESENT !!
All these scenes happened the same night.

Hakeem POV present time 3am

Now I understand my father. I understand why he is the way he is, why it was always so hard for him to be a normal person with compassion towards others.

After taking someone's life it's hard to believe there's any good in you. It's hard to believe God will ever bless you again. But I know he will.

"Please forgive me" I plead aloud as I stand,slowly washing the blood off hands. I then find myself looking at T. Tears are meeting under her chin while she scrubs blood out of the carpet. Blood stains her dress and glazes the diamonds that hang around her wrist.

"We need to ask for help" T chokes.

"Ask who?!" I scream. "My parents? They can't handle anything else Tiana,and there is no one we can trust with this" I snap making her cry harder. I want nothing more than to comfort her but I just can't  bring myself to hug her.

"Hakeem she's dead ! We can't hide this, we cant. It was an accident, we won't get in trouble" T cries trying to convince me.

"Tiana it's too late for that! We have two new babies,  the police are gonna arrest us then ask questions later you know that"

"I know but I can't do this. It's too much, I wasn't made for this shit!" Finally getting enough courage I get down on my knees, and place a hand on her back.

"Babygirl.. I'm sorry I got you in this, you're the only person I trust. I know there's nothing I can do to help you forget but I need you" I whisper almost in tears.

"Okay" she meekly responds but before we can get up someone starts knocking.

"Yes?" I question.

"Um sorry to bother you Hakeem but there's a detective hear to see you and Tiana. He says it's ergent regarding your saftey " the man says.

"Alright" Tiana says. "Grab her " she whispers. I do as my wife says picking her up and laying her on the carpet drenched in her blood.

"Let's go" I say after we've took everything off that has blood on it and somewhat hid the body. We step out the room then lock the door behind us. I slip my key back in my pocket.

"Hello, my name is federal agent Jack Fishermen. I don't mean to cause any problems for you two but Laura Menendez has escaped from the penitentiary she was being held at. We wanted to let you know that we are doing everything we can to capture her but until then I want you two to be safe. Laura is extremely dangerous and capable of anything.  This story has yet to hit the media and we're trying to keep it under wraps for a few more hours but that probably won't happen" he tells us sorrow written all over his face.

"Oh okay, I just hope you guys catch her.. we're on our way out in a few anyways, we have security so I'm sure we'll be fine" I say.

"Okay, don't hesitate to call if anything weird happens, we're just trying to get this woman off the street before she can hurt anyone" he replies.

"Good, we're gonna get going so we can be back with our babies. You have a personal number we could contact if we have any questions?" T asks.

"Yes, here's my card. Don't hesitate, it was nice to meet you guys. Sorry for the inconvenience" he says.

"No inconvenience, good night sir" I say tossing him a head nod as he walks off.

"Come on" T whispers once he's gone. As we inch away from the ongoing party I can't help but think of how out of control this night got.