25. The truth behind my lies

Lucious P.O.V

I look around the room. All eyes are on me and I know they won't go away. I have to tell them. I take a deep breath sitting down, I've never been so nervous infront of my family.

"Talk" Cookie says growing impatient as she bounces her leg.

"Okay, but I want you all to listen with an open mind. Put yourself in my shoes" I advise, they all roll their eyes.

"Just talk. Damn." Cookie says once again.

"It was about 8 years ago. I was at a club in philly. I was hot off my tour and everyone knew who I was. Girls were throwing themselves at me like usual, I was drunk of course but I never messed with anyone because all I wanted was cookie. Anyways by the end of the night I was so out of it. Eva was there all night but she never said a word to me. When she approached me I didn't say shit to her, I thought she was like all the hoes in there that night. But she wasn't. For the first time after cookie I really talked to a female on another level than sex. We talked for awhile. Eva told me she wasn't married and that she had no kids. I believed her because she gave me no reason not to. We were talking and out of nowhere some man ran up in the club. Cussing and throwing shit trying to find her. Eva was terrified, I didn't know why but I didn't do anything. When he finally picked her out the crowd he came at her crazy. Punched her ass dead in the face, and started beating on her. I didn't know her like that yet but she was a female and I was drunk so I started fighting the nigga-" I start being cut off by cookie .

"What does this have to do with anything?" She asks.

"Just listen. The fight didn't really get anywhere because of my security. I was pissed because the nigga was talking about how I went soft and how I couldn't handle mines no more. I didn't really know who the nigga was so I asked Eva. She told me that he was her ex boyfriend, that was very abusive and possessive. Hearing that pissed me off even more and I wanted to handle him. But before I could really do anything Eva told me how he was into some type of gang. That he was boss notorious for being ruthless and killing niggas whole family and shit. I looked into it a found out his ass was apart of the mafia, a real crazy motherfucker. I stayed in philly for a week after that shit before I had to go back on tour. The last day right before I left Eva showed up. She told me she was scared for her life that the guy that ran up on us was trying to kill her. I didn't want shit to happen to her so I said she could come with me-" Cookie rolls her eyes then speaks up.

"So you knew the bitch for a week and already trusted her ass? You brought her on tour like you didn't have a wife. See that makes you ass grimy as shit" Cooks yells pointing her finger at me. I smile a little because she's so cute when she's gets jealous. "Fuck you smiling at me for" she asks growing irritated.

"I ain't mess with that girl while we was married cookie. You know that, I didn't even fuck with her like that" I add making cookie suck her teeth.

"Ion believe shit you say, ya lying ass. But proceed with the story" She jokes flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Ight so as I was sayin before,she came with me on tour. She told me that her parents were dead and she had no siblings, so she wouldn't be missed that much. We was cool, she knew I was married. Eva and Vernon actually messed around for awhile. Maybe a month later was when I realized Beretti was playing my ass for all my money. I got so mad and Bunky was telling me it wasn't that serious, we started fighting and Vernon jumped in. We had a bad argument before security kicked them out and Eva stayed. I was missing you this was right before I filed for divorce. I was angry at Beretti and shit happened-" I can see cookie get visibly get angry. She grabs a glass sitting on my table then throws it at my head. I duck immediately getting mad.