14.5 Family Meeting pt.2

Cookie P.O.V

"What are you doing here" I spit, my boys having first met their grandmother.

"Cooks can I have a word?" Lu questions, he can probably sense my anger. I toss him a side eye as I push past him and my mom bumping both of them. I hear Candice suck her teeth as I slam the door to his study closed.

"What the actual fuck?!" I shout loud enough for the whole house to hear.

"Calm down. Why you yelling?" Lu counters his voice almost as loud as mine.

"Because I'm trying to understand why my mother and my sister are standing in the middle of my goddamn family dinner!"

"Its a meeting first of all. Secondly you need to take it down a few octaves when your talking to me young lady" Lu says clearly amused by my outburst.

"I'm not playing with you" I state pacing back and fourth. "Why are they here?!"

"Ight ight. Your mom reached out to me a few days ago, told me she wanted to talk to you. I thought what's the harm, you haven't seen her in years. Plus don't you want to have at least one of your parents there to walk you down the aisle this time?" He offers.

"No, no if I wanted her at my wedding the first time I woulda invited her! I don't want them near me ever, I told you this before or have you forgotten?"

"No cooks you haven't you told me shit about your family,when we were 15 you told me that you didn't have parents. Bunky was the one who told me you had another sister and that you didn't deal with them, but you never told me why. Whenever I went around your house y'all never said much to each other" he presses.

"I never told you for a reason. You couldn't have just left it alone? Instead you invited them to dinner, like what the fuck?"

"Cookie I was just trying to help" he advises me.

"Well you didn't" I state being stubborn as he approaches me.

"I'm sorry" he counters pecking me on the lips.

"Why couldn't my surprise be diamonds?" I murmur openly.

"I'll get you all the diamonds you want once you at least talk to them, hear them out"he pushes.

"Ugh okay, but if Candice says one slick thing to me I'm gonna push her off the roof" I reply making him chuckle.

"Okay" Lu tosses over his shoulder as he opens the door. I look at myself in the mirror fixing my my hair before I follow suit.

The clicking of my heels is the only thing to be heard in the house as I enter the room

The clicking of my heels is the only thing to be heard in the house as I enter the room. My mom and sister are now both seated across from each other. I realize they've all moved over one so that they can sit next to me. Great.

I slide into my seat crossing my legs as the maid refills my wine glass.

"Would you lady's like some" she offers them my expensive wine.