Famous Families ep.1

No one's P.O.V
Bonus

This season on Famous Families we have one of most influential family of all time.

The Lyons.

In a five part series we will take you inside life at the Empire.

Lucious,Cookie, Andre, Jamal, and Hakeem will let you get glimpse of what it's like to run Hollywood.

From crazed fans to quite dinners you'll get to see it all, right now.

*Empire Music intro*

You've heard stories, read articles and even gossiped a little about what goes on in the lives of famous people.

Some believe they have it the easiest, that everything has always been handed to them.

Well that's not true.

Meet the two people who know first hand that fame never comes easy and life can be nothing but a bitch.

Lucious and Cookie Lyon

A force to be reckoned with.

At the young age of only 14 and 15 these two met for the first time, and as you imagine it was love at first sight.

"I remember walking over to him. He was spiting with such a swagger that I was almost under a spell. But I would never show it" (Cookie)

"She got in my face and bet 50 that she could out dance me. I knew then that she was my other half. We had started to dance and everything but her charisma was so overwhelming that I stepped back to let her do her thing" (lucious)

*Actual video footage*

"It was surprising that he gave up so easily. I had heard things good and bad, I was sure that he would be a cocky egotistical sonofvabitch and that's exactly what drew me to him" (Cookie)

"I'm the type to never give up, but Cookie is the type that forces you to concede because around her there's only one star" (lucious)

"I won of course because I'm me, and Lucious gave me 100 instead of 50. We stood there for a second staring each other down, trying to figure out what was going on inside both of our heads. That's when I got a good look at him, I remember I was so damm mesmerized by his eyes that I couldn't snap out of his spell when my cousin Bunky started calling my name"(Cookie)

"One of my best friend's started calling cookie's name and I was confused until I realized Bunky was her cousin"(lucious)

"Bunky didn't want us together. Actually no one did. They thought us alone was scary enough but us together would take over the world"(Cookie)

Take over the world was exactly what they did. Ruling the streets of Philly with and iron fist for years.

At 18 the Lyons married and not even six months later did Andre Lyon come about.

"It was hard, being 18 with a husband and a child. Without a stable parent in your life or a sibling old enough to help you out" (Cookie)

"We saved up money for months and rented a apartment with six bedrooms. Cookie and I shared one. Andre had one, Carol cookie's younger sister, Bunky, Vernon, and Liz our best friend's all had a bedroom. None of us had parents so we had to do the best we could" (lucious)