15. A Broken Family

Song's for this chapter :

Chasing the sky by empire cast

Cookie P.O.V

"Candice I don't care if your my sister I will shoot you if you take another step" I shout blood streaming down my face as my hand clutches the gun for dear life.

"I've always hated you bitch! Shoot me I don't care!" Candice screams rushing me with tears meeting under her chin. I back up as fast as I can but she won't stop.

"Candice stop!" I shout as I pull the trigger.

Pop.

I open my eyes, where is she. As I scope out the room I can't find her.

Did I hit her?

God help me. Just then I hear what seems to be wheezing. I look down to find Candice laying beside my desk.

"Oh my god" I rush to her trying to stop the blood that's flowing out the hole in her side from my bullet. "I told you to stop, my god I'm sorry" I shout applying pressure. Just them the wailing of police sirens are heard in the distance.

"Hold on Candice, hold on" I cry trying to help her even though she's fighting me with all her might.

"Get the fuck off me bitch! Let me die" she pushes me hard as she can as the police kick in the door.

"Help her" the paramedics instantly start to fix her as she fights them.

"What happened?" the police question eyeing me from head to toe.

"Who shot her?" The detectives look around the room as I answer.

"I did" they turn to me eyes wide.

"Cookie Lyon, I'm gonna need you to come with us until we sort things out" the man immediately says.

"It was an accident" I press.

"Maybe it was but your still gonna have to come with us" as they cuff me I cant help but feel like it's that day almost 18 years ago.

5 Hours Earlier

"Ma come to the studio, I need ya help" mal cries through my phone as I lay in bed cuddled up with my baby.

"Boy why you callin ya momma at these type of hours?" Lu says into the phone on speaker.

"Ew dad your with mom. I don't even wanna know what y'all doing" he rasps choking.

"Nothing that inappropriate, I promise" I laugh.

"Everything's inappropriate when y'all together" he jokes.

"True" Lu laughs smiling as he kisses my neck.

"Maaa, come please" mal whines once again.

"I just got home for the night babe, and I just layed down" I whine equally frustrated.

"Please mama cookie" he begs.

"Give me a hour" I cave making Lu sigh.

"No baby come on" Lu says wrapping his arms around me for dear life.

"I'll be back don't worry love" I add sliding out of bed.

**

I get to Empire about an hour later. Its almost midnight so its like a ghost town in her. I take the elevator up to studio 5 where mal is.

"Ma your here!"he shouts as soon as the door opens.

"Boy didn't I say I was comin?" I press.

" I know I just love your presence" he smiles as I walk towards the sound board.