Epilogue

Three Years Later

I was standing In the kitchen watching my handsome mate cook bacon, reminding me of some of the first days we were together. We knew so little of each other then. I knew so l little of what was to come.

We have both changed much since the day I chose to keep him and there is not a single day that passes where I wish for anything different.

"Here you go." He says whilst turning around and placing a plate full of bacon in front of me.

I take a piece off the plate and shove it in my mouth.

"I love you." I say to Nick.

"Are you sure it's me and not the bacon?" He questions sarcastically.

"We'll call it a mutual love." I say a smile forming on my face.

Nick chuckles before saying," So I'm not any better than bacon?"

"Believe me being put on that high of pedestal is an honer." I say, still playing with him.

"Well I think I should be a little higher." He says a playful smirk forming on his lips

"Oh yeah, and why is that?" I ask anticipating what's to come.

"Because of this." Nick says coming to stand in front of me.

He cups my face and pulls me into a kiss. I savor the taste of it wishing it to last forever. Of course that doesn't happen, as I hear a loud gag come from the doorway. I pull back reluctantly.

"Really Maddi?" I asked slightly angry.

"I'm starting to regret my choice of staying here with you guys." She says with a smirk.

"You are the one who accepted." I say, my anger subsiding.

"Yes that might not have been my best decision." Maddi says with her smirk still on her face,"Hey bacon!"

Maddi grabs a piece and groans,"This is why I stay here."

Nick lets go of me and announces,"as much as I'd like to stay, I have paperwork to do."

He walks out of the room and I let out a sigh of relief. I hear his footsteps fade out of my hearing and turn to Maddi.

"So when are you going to tell him?" Maddi says breaking the silence.

"Tonight, I think." I say unsure.

"Finally, I'm surprised he hasn't figured it out. I mean you guys have been mated for what, two years now? You'd think that he'd notice something was up." Maddi says giving me a knowing look.

"Yeah, I was for sure he was going to figure it out yesterday. He's just so clueless." I giggle nervously.

"It'll be fine Evea, believe me." Maddi smiles.

"I know, I just worry." I say with a smile.
......................
"So what are we doing here?" Nick asks me as we stand in the middle of the woods.

"This is where you found me the first time we meant two years ago." I tell him, slightly hurt at the fact he forgot about it.

"I know that part, but why bring up those memories?" He questions.

"Because I needed to bring something bright onto this dull place." I say with a smile, hugging him.

"And what may that be?" He asks a smirk plastered on his face.

"Well by that look on your face, you seem to have figured it out." I say with a smile.

"Yes, but before I freak out, I need you to confirm it." He says gently.

"I'm pregnant." I whisper, knowing he heard me.

"Oh my goddess." He says with a sparkle in his eyes as he leans down and kisses me.

His happiness makes me smile.This man is my mate. Looking in his green orbs frees all my happiness. I didn't need him to save me, I could do that myself, but it helped to have someone I love help me along the way. I am the Last Rouge and I will always be.

THE END