Chapter Twenty-three

It had been a week since I recovered my wolf. I have spent all of my time trying to find information on Malum, but to no avail. The sorcerer still remains a mystery and it was making me anxious.

A killer was on the loose, one who would stop at nothing to get what she wants and the worst part is that she's disguised as the most trusted werewolf in the world.

"Here!" Maddi said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Malum was a sorcerous made by Calum, shortly after Luna returned to the sky. Malum was supposed to protect the moon, but failed when another god attempted to take Luna's power. As a result she was disposed of my her maker and in return became evil and corrupt. Malum has made many attempts to ruin Luna, but was always stopped by the ......" Maddi trails off, her eyes bulging.

"A what." I ask in suspense.

"The spirit of a white wolf." Maddi replies.

"So is that literal of figurative. Like do I have to die or may I live?" I question out loud.

"The book doesn't specify." Maddi says gravely.

"Is there anything else that the book says?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I can't make it out." Maddi said with a sigh.

"Let me see." I said curiously.

"It says, Hoc erit iudicium periculo, quod semper fuerit; sed in luna, et luna non dabit in hoc iudicium, quod justum est et animarum multas coram te." I recite in somehow perfect Latin and continue to translate,"This trial shall be dangerous, as it always has been, but believe in Luna and the moon shall guide you through this trial, just as it has to the many souls before you. But if you are the one to break this pattern your future will become uncertain, as will your life."

Maddi sat there looking at me with wide eyes only saying," Wow."

"So I'm guessing that I get to live then." I say with a little uncertainty.

"Let's hope so." Maddi says.

I stand up from the desk that I'm working at and start walking towards the door.

Before I leave I turn back to Maddi and ask with disdain," Can we keep the possibility of my death away from Nick?"

"Yeah, anything you need Evea." Maddi says with a smile, while standing.

"Thanks Maddi." I say with some relief," and goodnight."

"Not a problem, and goodnight to you too." My best friend says with a smile.

I open up the door and walk out of the library. I follow the now familiar hallway that leads to Nicks room.

I notice that he's not around, even though it's quite late, but think nothing of it. I get some pajamas out of my new closet and head towards the bathroom, where I take a shower and change.

As I walk out of the bathroom I notice Nick sitting on the edge of our bed.

"Your back late." I state.

"Yeah, I had some extra paperwork to do." He said with a hint of regret on his face.

"Oh, okay." I say not really sure what else I could say.

Nick proceeds to go to the bathroom to change, while I lay down. As I close my eyes slowly drifting off to sleep I hear him say," I'm so sorry Eve." As I drift off to sleep.

......................................................
Hey everyone (awkwardly waves....)
So I seem to have been missing for a while.... well I'll explain.
So when I started this story I was around thirteen years old and now three years later things have changed. I have a different writing style now and have matured enough to not be so cliche. Not only that but my story preferences have changed. I find that I hate the way that this has been written, making it hard to write. However, after some consideration and a needed talk with my best friend, I've decided to finish this story, rather than rewrite that whole thing.

There aren't many chapters left and hopefully I'll have some time to write more soon.

Anyway thanks to everyone who's stuck around this long!!

Love,
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Girlywriter33