Chapter Seventeen

The leaves crunch underneath my feet as I approach the border of the Dark Fang pack.

The sky is slowly getting lighter as dawn approaches.

I step into the territory, making sure that my footsteps are loud. Hopefully the pack will be here soon.

" Evea this isn't right." Aria whimpers.

" I know, but if we don't do this the moon goddess will kill Maddi." I reply sadly.

"So we exchange other people's lives in order to keep her safe?"Aria questions.

" We do whatever we have to in order to keep her safe." I say quietly.

Aria was about to reply but stopped when the sound of paws hitting the ground came towards us. I heard a growl coming from behind me and I turned around.

" Excuse me for entering your territory like this Alpha Scott, but we need to have a talk." I stated, smirking a little as his wolf stopped growling.

I heard the sound of bones cracking as he changed into his human form with a look of disgust on his face. I rolled my eyes at his arrogance, of coarse he thinks a rouge such as me is disgusting. Men these days! I mean at least have some respect for the last surviving rouge.

" What kind of talk my dear?" He questions as his dark eyes send chills down my spine.

" The kind that the Moon Goddess has asked me to do." I reply, trying not to show my fear.

He pauses for a moment, as if trying to figure out if I am serious or not. Yet he finds his answer and starts to walk towards me.

" The moon goddess, my poor girl have you gone mad?" He asks skeptically.

" No, I haven't, however I have reasons to believe you have." I reply, starting to gain my courage back up.

" Oh really?How am I crazy?" He questions me.

" Well, just to name a few. You have killed around a five hundred rouges. You went to war with three packs, losing over  six  hundred wolves, one third of them were from your own pack. Oh and you rejected your mate, which ended up killing her." I state.

"Those are just minor crimes, they hold no real significance." He says thinking that he can get out of his punishment.

" Really, you consider murder a minor crime?" I ask genuinely scared.

" Yes, in fact I do. I gave up all those lives in order to create a strong, indestructible pack." He snarls.

"There is no such thing as being indestructible." I state quietly.

" Unfortunately, you are wrong my dear." He says.

" No, I'm afraid you are wrong." I confidently say.

I walk over to the wolf that is closest to me and looked into it's steel gray eyes.

" Shift." I tell the wolf sternly.

The blonde wolf shifts into a young girl. She seems to be only sixteen years old, which means that she probably just shifted. She has long blonde hair and stick like limbs. Her eyes hold an emotion that I have become very familiar with, sadness.

" What is your name." I ask kindly.

" T-T-Taylor." She says while stuttering.

" Taylor, how do you like this pack." I question her.

She stares at me and her heart begins to beat faster.

" Don't be afraid to answer me, I'll make sure that you won't get hurt." I comfort her.

" It's sc-scary." She answers.

I nod, waiting for her to go on.

" The alpha, h-he punishes you if you don't obey the rules and sometimes he even punishes you if you do obey them." She quietly says.

" What kind of rules are they?" I ask

"They are rules that govern simple things. Like, you may only eat once a day and you are only aloud to be out of your house from ten in the morning till four in the afternoon. Also you must stay with the mate that he chooses for you." She says.

" He chooses your mate?" I ask.

" Yes, all children at the age of thirteen are given a mate. By the the time both mates turn seventeen they must produce a pup, if they don't they will both die." She replies.

Anger flares up inside of me. He chooses their mates. These wolves have no chance at happiness. Sure I didn't have the best of luck with my mates, but the majority of wolves do. Our mates complete us, how can he do this?

I turn towards Scott with a wildfire burning behind my eyes. He actually backs up so there is a greater distance between us. However I move closer.

" You are a worthless alpha, who does not deserve to rule over this pack." I growl out as my appearance changes into it's magical form.

The alpha looks at me with fear in his eyes. The pack is staring wide eyed, everyone is holding their breath as I choose their alpha's fate.

I keep my eyes on the alpha as I advance towards him. Then I lose control, the fire isn't just in my eyes anymore it's now on Alpha Scott.

He screams out in pain as the fire crawls around his body. It leaves a dark path along his skin. He gives me a look of terror as he passes out.

I stay in my spot, unmoving. Then suddenly the pack starts thanking me. This snaps me out of the faze I was in and the realization of what I did tumbles down on top of me.

" I hope you all have better lives from now on, good luck." I say, quickly leaving.

I teleport into the hotel room in Moonlight and collapse onto one of the beds. I curl up into a fetal position and start to rock back and forth.

I just did exactly what the moon goddess wanted me to do. Someone else's blood is on my hands. I killed someone.

The tears start to fall and I don't even try to hold them back, I let them fall. Sure, Alpha Scott was a terrible person who did horrible things, but did he deserve the horrific death that I gave him?

As I sit there and contemplate what I had just done, I realize that I have become my worst nightmare.

.......................
Hey everyone!!!!! Yeah I know it's been a while, but between school and work I have been super busy, so there's no guarantee in when the next update will be. Also as I looked back on the first couple chapters I realized that I never separated them into paragraphs, so I will go through and fix that sometime this week. There will be no change to the story, I am just going to fix any grammatical errors and that sort of stuff.

Also 6k reads!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I actually cried tears of joy!!! Thank you all so much!!! I love you all!!!!!
Thanks for reading,
❤️
Girlywriter33