Chapter Twenty-five

I woke up in a familiar hospital room. Next to my bed is a chair, occupied by none other than my deceitful mate. He was asleep and for that I thanked the goddess.

I felt the room freeze as time was suddenly brought to a stand still. A glow emitted from the room as the Moon Goddess appeared. She gracefully glided to the edge of the bed and sat down on the blue blankets.

"You must make a choice." She states looking at me with her violet eyes.

"What?" I ask, confused with her sudden appearance.

"This man,"She says pointing at Nick," What shall you do?" She asks.

This sent my mind reeling. Why had he done it? How could he turn on me like that? I mean he did consider me weak, as had Xavier, but he just seemed different. Did he really deserve rejection?

"He did it for his pack." The goddess states." Malum said that she'd kill his whole pack if he didn't hand you over."

Did that make it any differnt? He was supposed to love and cherish me like no one else could. Then again how could I blame him, in his place I would have done the same. Heck, if he told me this, I would have sacrificed myself.

"Mates were never made to be perfect," Luna states," they were supposed to be a real couple; fights, problems, and all. Many get lucky and only get a minor sample of those faults."

My mind is reeling as I ask the next question,"What will happen if I reject him?"

The goddess gives me a sad look and states,"He will live a sad, lonely life before dieing in three years. You will live with your friend happy, but missing something."

I look over at Nick, finally noticing how worn his face looked. He had gotten no sleep until I came, that's for sure. Yet, he had doubted me before what was going to stop him from disrespecting me now?

The goddess, seeing the confusion on my face looks into my eyes with her illuminated face and says,"One of the last things I did before Malum took complete control of my being, was give you a second mate. Jace was never meant to be killed, the time line was never built to be like that. Xavier was supposed to be your one and only true love, but Malum killed Jace and his power was transferred to you. I never meant for your life to become so unforgiving and harsh, but Malum ripped a hole in the time line that I couldn't fix. I'm so sorry Evea." The goddess says with moon lit tears in her eyes.

How would my life have been if Jace would have lived? For some reason, I never wanted to find out. It was then that I reached my conclusion, I wanted this life. I wanted a life with a mate. I wanted Nick.

"I want him." I say, a smile gracing my face.

"I figured you would." Luna says happily. "Thank you for all you've done for me and the world Evea."

"It was an honer Luna." I say.

"Have a great life, I hope I don't have to appear again." Luna says.

"Thank you Luna." I say bowing my head.

In a flash of moonlight the goddess was gone, leaving the room to unfreeze. I take a second to take a deep breath and prepare for everything that is to come.

Suddenly Nick's eyes open. He must have senced that I was awake.

"Evea?" He says, his voice cracking a bit.

"Hey there." I say, a sad smile gracing my face.

"Oh, Evea I'm so sorry." Nick cries, his hand reaching out for mine.

I grab it, feeling sparks flow through my skin. I am glad I chose this. I look into Nick's forest green eyes. There are tears falling down his face, his expression was nearly devastating. He looked sad and I felt the unyielding need to make him feel better.

"It's okay Nick, I understand why you had to do it." I say, moving my hand to caress his cheek.

A smile comes to his face, before quickly falling," I was so confused, my wolf wanted to save you, but the alpha part of me couldn't risk my whole pack. In the end my alpha sences took over a-and I chose the pack. As soon as I let her have you I lost it. My beta, Ashton, had to calm me down, but I was never fine until you came back."

"It's okay, Malum is gone now. I think you helped me more than anything. You gave me a chance to save the Moon Goddess. Now I can live a normal life." I say moving my other hand into his.

I pull him into a hug, breathing in his breathtaking scent. He moved to the bed and put his strong arms around me. We sat there for a long time, enjoying each others presence. I felt a calm feeling come over me, one that had been hidden for so many years.

I have no idea how long we sat like that, but our peace was eventually interrupted by the loud banging of a door. I had no time to think as I was pulled out of Nick's warm arms and into my vampire friend's.

"You are not allowed to do that to me again." She says to me lightly.

"I'll try not to." I say pulling back to look at her.

Maddi looks worn, like she lost sleep. Something else seems to bother her as well, but I don't pressure her about it, choosing to ignore it.

I look back at my mate, fixing my eyes to his forest green ones. I smile knowing that everything is finally over.

It was my wolf who breaks the silence within my mind, breaking out of the shell she'd been in for the past couple of days,"We're happy again."

"Yes we are." I reply back to her.

******************
That's a wrap!!! This is the last chapter of this story. I will post an epilogue soon too. It has been a long journey guys. You all made it possible.

Love you lots
♡♡♡♡♡♡
Girlywriter33