Chapter Twenty

Guys we're over 10k reads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you guys so much!

Nick gives me a confused look."how can she be dead?" He asks.

" The sorceress wanted to kill me, but she only killed part of me, Aria." I say quietly.

Another tear slips out of my eye as I think about her being gone

" But the mate bond is still present." Nick says, still confused.

" You don't need a wolf to share a mate bond" I say.

" And you still have your sense of smell and hearing?" Maddi asks.

"Yes, but I think that those abilities are something that is part of me. Those are werewolf abilities, but they aren't part of my wolf." I state.

I am still trying to figure out what exactly happened. How did I lose my healing, but not my hearing and sense of smell? Will I lose them eventually? My biggest question is how am I supposed to defeat a powerful sorceress without my powers? I try to ignore Nick and Maddi's pitiful looks. Yes, it hurts to know that my wolf is gone, but I can overcome it. I have faced horrible obstacles, but I overcame each and every one of them. I occasionally will get nightmares about them, but they don't mean a thing anymore. I don't like pity. Yes bad things happen but don't feel bad for me, I can do that myself. I try to sit up again hoping that the pain won't occur again, but it does. I wince yet again and lay back down.

Nick gets off the bed with a worried look on his face," I'm going to go get Ben." He says while quickly walking out of the room.

Once he's out of hearing range Maddi talks," Okay, that boy is a keeper. How did you stay away from him for that long?"

" I just got really mad I guess."I say.

" You had to be mad because dang," She says turning as Ben and Nick walk into the room.

" Hey Evea! I didn't expect you to be back here so soon." Ben says while smiling.

"Well this wasn't exactly my choice." I say with a smile.

" So what hurts." He asks.

I point to the exact spot were the pain had occurred.

" I believe that you have a broken rib, but I would like to get an X-ray first. It should heal in about two hours." Ben says casually.

Two hours of werewolf healing, but how long will it take for me to heal? I am basically a human now, but with super smell and hearing.

" How long would it take for a human to heal?" I ask.

" One or two months depending on how well it's treated. Why do you ask?" He says white a little confusion.

I quickly glance at Nick, silently asking if I should tell Ben. He nods and I proceed," I think I lost my wolf." I say.

" How." He asks sounding intrigued.

"My mind feels empty. I try to search for her, but it's just a void. I've called out and get no response. Also I should have started healing already, but I haven't." I say.

" You know I've heard of cases like this, but never experienced one. I can go call some other pack doctors and get some information on what the true symptoms are. But until then I don't mean to get your hopes up, but there may be a slight chance that your wolf is not gone." Ben says,

A tiny spark of hope lights within me. I look towards my mate and friend, finding a slight look of relief on their faces. The spark is not only in my heart, but theirs too. I have to make sure that this stays a spark and doesn't explode into a fire. I say thank you to Ben and exits the room with a wave as he sets off on his quest to find the truth about my wolf. 

" I would take  you back to my house, but I'm afraid I'd hurt you and I can't hurt you any more than I already have." Nick says.

" That's fine, I'll survive here, but could you find a place for Maddi to stay. She hasn't slept for a while and she is going to need something to eat..." I say , hoping that it didn't sound bossy.

" Okay, I'll take her to my house" Nick says while leaving.

As they leave I start to retreat back into my mind,seeking for a part that I know is not there. and that's how I fall asleep, my mind blanketed in a cloud of bitter emptiness.

.........................................................................................

  Okay I know this is short, but i promised an update and I don't want to let you guys down. I planned on updating earlier but i have a lot of stuff going on at the moment. I am not  sure when the next update may be. It is almost time for exams and although I love writing my primary focus is acing all of my exams. I am going to try to update at least once every week, but like I said there are no guarantees.

Also I would like to add a new part to every chapter, I want to get to know my readers better so I am going to ask a question at the end of each chapter. I feel like you all somewhat know me, but I don't know anything about all of you. If  anyone has any good questions, please put them in the comments.

My first question for everyone is, where are you from?

My answer: I am from the United States. 

Anyways thank you all so much for reading,

  ❤️  ❤️

Girlywriter33