Chapter Nineteen

"Oh my gods, oh my gods this can't be happening." I hear Maddi repeat over and over again.

I let out a low groan as the numbness wares off. I open my eyes, but quickly shut them after I am practically blinded by the bright lights.

I hear Maddi stop her rambling and I'm guessing that she looked at me.

" Evea your alive." She practically screams.

" Yeah, I never seem to be able to die." I say opening my eyes again and letting them adjust to the lighting.

It is then that I notice that this is not the hotel. But it seems familiar, I have definitely been here before. The walls were all white and the bed I'm on is somewhat stiff. When was I here last? Then I start to smell the amazing scent of clove and cinnamon and I stop breathing. I'm in Nick's pack hospital. I start to hyperventilate as the smell gets stronger and the sound of feet slamming against the floor comes nearer.

No, no, no, no, I can't see him. He says I'm weak, just like everyone else had told me before. My breathing keeps quickening and I start to rock back and forth. This is not what I need. He is finally noticing that he doesn't need me, he is going to reject me. Can I handle another rejection? I handled a lot already, but that might send me over the edge. I can still feel the slight crack in my heart from the last rejection.

Maddi notices me hyperventilating and starts trying to talk to me," Evea it's okay, it's going to be okay."

Then the door to my room opens and the scent makes me rock back and forth more. I can feel his eyes on me, probably thinking about how worthless I am. I realize that what I am doing right now is showing weakness, however I can't take it I killed a man and then got shot by a fake moon goddess, what has my life even become?

I am shocked when I feel someone sit on the bed and wrap their arms around me letting sparks attack my skin. It's Nick, why would he do this? He repositions me so my head is laying in his lap. However out of all that the thing that breaks me out of my trance is a warm tear that lands on my cheek and the almost unnoticeable mumbling of I'm so sorry.

I open my eyes, finding his dull looking green ones. I study him, noticing he had dark bags under his eyes and he seemed to be skinnier than before.

" You haven't been taking care of yourself." I say concerned.

He chuckles lightly," No, guess I haven't. I am so sorry for what I said. After you left I went to find you, but your scent never left the bedroom. I sent trackers to go find you, but no one could find any clues. I was so worried, thinking of all the things that could have happened to you, all because I misjudged you."

Tears glistened in my eyes as I looked at him," It's fine, I overreacted. I never should have left, but you must understand that those words hurt, a lot."

He nods his head and bends down kissing my forehead.

" Okay lovebirds break it up." Maddi says.

I playfully glare at her as I sit up, but I quickly lay back down with a wince due to a pain in my stomach. Nick and Maddi give me worried looks.

" Why haven't you healed?" Maddi asks.

I shrug lifting my hand up trying to heal myself, it doesn't work. I then try to teleport to Maddi, it doesn't work. I am just laying there with my eyes closed.

"Maddi, they aren't working." I say sadly.

" How?" She asks.

" It must be from the sorceress, that hit should have killed me, but it took my powers instead." I say.

" Wait, what happened?" He asks with concern lacing his voice.

I take a deep breath before explaining ," Nick, I'm a white wolf, I have or had powers. Powers like healing and teleportation, that is why you couldn't follow my scent, I teleported. Due to my powers I am a servant to the moon goddess. She ordered me to go around and take care of all the packs that were disobeying her. During my visit to the first pack I got really angry and lost control. I killed an Alpha. Then later after I broke down the woman we thought was the moon goddess showed up and tried to kill me. Nix stopped time and told me that she wasn't his wife and then time unfroze and the beam hit me."

" Then I brought her here, because this is the only place that I thought would take care of her." Maddi says.

" So you had powers the whole time you were here? Why didn't you tell me?" He asks surprisingly calm.

"I had only known you for two or three days, I didn't want to tell you my deepest secret yet." I say.

" You could have trusted me." He said.

" So I could have told you my big secret, when you couldn't even tell me one little one?" I ask him, my anger rising.

" No, your right, I should have told you." He answered.

At first I am surprised that he isn't concerned about me killing a wolf, but then I remember that he's an alpha and has probably killed a rouge or two... or more. The other concern I have is that I'm not healing, even if I don't have my powers, my werewolf side should heal me.
So I close my eyes and try to call out to my wolf.

"Aria!" I scream in my mind.

"Aria!" I scream for a second time beginning to worry.

" Come on Aria, it's not funny." I say.

But she doesn't come and I try to feel her presence in my mind, but it's like she disappeared. I open my eyes and imagine my self as my wolf, trying to shift. But it doesn't come and I realize that it wasn't truly my magic that she took away, it was part of me, my wolf.

I let a tear slide down my cheek. Finally feeling the empty spot inside my mind. How had I gone this long without noticing she was gone?

Nick notices the tear and looks at me questionably.

" She's gone." I whimper,"my wolf, she's gone."
..........
Wow! I updated again and you guys didn't have to wait a month. I know I'm amazing. Actually I'm not that amazing, but I am trying to update more often. Also  thanks for all the likes and comments, you guys always make me smile, no matter how bad my day is going.Anyways I hope you enjoyed.

Thanks for reading,
❤️
Girlywriter33