10. [brave princess]

━━━━━━━━━━

BRAVE PRINCESS.

━━━━━━━━━━

   THERE WAS A steely resolve in Bellamy's expression as he made his way through the thick forest

   THERE WAS A steely resolve in Bellamy's expression as he made his way through the thick forest. He kept his eyes on Hazel, making sure she was always visible. His sweaty palm was fisting the grip of his gun, his muscles tense as he scanned the surrounding area for any potential threats. Octavia's brush with death out in the wilderness had amped up his over protective nature. As much disdain as Bellamy held for the Star-Girl, he couldn't help but want to keep her safe.

   "Hurry up you guys, Jasper doesn't have much time!"

   The Princess was perched up ahead, along with her Prince. Their nervousness was clearly visible, they were twitching anxiously as they waited for the group of former Factory Station inhabitants to catch up.

   "What's the rush?" Bellamy asked as he sauntered closer, " you don't survive a spear through the heart." He had his weapon dangling casually from his fingers, taunting the safety of everyone nearby.

   "Put the gun away Bellamy," Wells was pissed.

   Murphy snorted, amused by the obvious tension, "well why don't you do something about it, chancellor? Maybe you should float him."

   "Are you guys real?" Hazel shook her head in complete annoyance, "Jasper is out there dying, can we speed this up and not act like we're all three?"

  "Hazel's right, Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear struck his heart, he'd have died instantly, but that doesn't mean we have time to waste," Clarke said. She turned abruptly to go, but before she could Bellamy swooped down and grabbed at her arm. She immediately fought back, trying and failing to yank herself out of his grasp.

  "Fine, as soon as you take this wristband off, we can go."

  Hazel watched, somewhat impressed but mostly horrified by her former friend's behaviour. She'd never seen him go to these extremes. He was a protector, not a fighter. Clarke's eyes were filled with shock. Just as Hazel was about to step in, the gutsy blonde glared at her captor, her gaze filled with complete distaste.

   "The only way the Ark is going to think I'm dead, is if I'm dead. Got it?"

   "Damn," Hazel raised an eyebrow, slightly taken aback by Clarke's fiery response.

   "Brave princess," Bellamy let her arm fall, using his words instead to get under her skin.

   "Hey, get your own nickname," they all turned at one to see Finn making his way towards them, ducking through the brush. By his expression Hazel could instantly tell he was less than impressed, "you guys call this a rescue party? We should split up so we can cover more ground."