coming out

i'm thinking of starting another book??

updates would most likely be very slow as they usually are with me, and i'm planning on keeping them short

it would be called waffles and wi-fi after a billboard that i saw on the highway once lol

"in which a young boy running from his homophobic parents falls in love with a businessman at a best western"

it will most likely be sub!scott, and i know some of you don't like that, so tell me if you're interested and if you'll make me a cover because i don't want to make my own lololol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All morning at school, Mitch was worried. He'd gotten a text from his best friend at four that morning saying that he had to tell Mitch something at lunch, and that it was important. He didn't have any classes with Scott until that afternoon, so his mind raced as he wondered what on earth it could possibly be. Had Scott killed someone? Was someone being mean to him? The possibilities were endless.

By the time lunch finally came around, Mitch rushed to their usual meeting spot at Scott's locker, and he was there before Scott. Scott forced a weak smile at him when he arrived. "M-Mitchy, actually, c-can you come over tonight? I- I don't think I can t-tell you here." Mitch bit his lip, but he nodded. "Of course. Are you in danger?" he asked worriedly, searching Scott's face. Scott avoided his eyes. "No."

The rest of the day was torture. Mitch hurried over to Scott's house as soon as he'd finished his homework, and he knocked on Scott's door almost frantically. Connie was quick to open it. "Oh, hey, Mitch," she said with a smile. "Scott's up in his room." Mitch nodded and barely remembered to thank her before he scampered up the stairs.

Scott was sitting on his bed, staring silently at his lap. Mitch frowned and crawled beside him, nudging him gently. "What's wrong? What do you have to tell me?" Scott took a deep, shaky breath and looked up at Mitch, his eyes glistening with tears. "I- I-... You have to promise you won't hate me," he whispered, and Mitch was quick to shake his head. "I could never hate you, Scott. You're my best friend." Scott bit his lip and looked back down to his lap, his heart pounding so loud he was scared Mitch could hear. He felt Mitch place his hand on his leg, gently rubbing comforting circles. "Take your time," Mitch murmured, managing to hide how nervous he was.

Scott took another shaky breath and closed his eyes. "I'm gay."

Mitch was surprised, but he was also relieved. "That's okay, Scotty. That doesn't change my opinion of you. I, um... I'm gay too." He laughed breathlessly, feeling like the world had lifted off his shoulders. "Man, I'm glad to get that off my chest."

Scott looked up at him in surprise. "You are?" he asked, and Mitch smiled slightly at him. "Yeah." He didn't tell Scott that he was the reason he'd discovered his sexuality. Scott smiled back, scooting over to hug him. Mitch hugged back, closing his eyes and resting his head on his shoulder. "I was so worried you'd hate me," he heard Scott whisper, and he immediately shook his head. "I could never hate you," he repeated softly, closing his eyes.

They stayed like that for a while. Mitch loved how he could feel Scott's heart gradually slowing as his panic and worry faded away.

"Mitchy?" Scott whispered timidly, disrupting the silence. Mitch hummed in acknowledgement without pulling away, nuzzling his face deeper into Scott's neck. Scott hesitated for a moment before he continued. "Um, y-you're the reason I realized I was gay. I- I have a crush on you," he whispered even quieter than before, almost as though he was ashamed. Mitch's heart skipped a beat and he pulled away to meet his eyes. "What?" Scott's breathing hitched and his heart just about shattered. "N-Nothing."

"You- You like me?"

"N-Never mind. Just- Just forget I said anything." Scott turned away from Mitch to hide his threatening tears.

"Wait, Scott. You- You actually like me? F-For real? This isn't a joke?"

"Why would I joke about this?" Scott whispered weakly, rubbing his eyes so hard he saw little black dots dancing in his vision. Mitch hesitated, but he scooted closer to Scott and took his hands. "I like you too."

Scott dared to look up at him, hope shining in his eyes. "Really?" Mitch blushed and shyly nodded. "Yeah. I have for a while," he murmured. Scott smiled widely and hugged him tightly, burying his face in his neck. "Oh, my gosh. I can't believe you like me back," he whispered, and Mitch giggled as he hugged him back. "Of course I do. How could I not? You're so nice to me, and I love your smile. You're very handsome." Scott blushed and held onto him tighter. "Can I take you on a date?"

It was Mitch's turn to blush. "Of course."

Scott smiled and caressed his cheek. "May I kiss you?" Mitch's breathing hitched and he nodded, his gaze flickering down to Scott's lips. Scott closed his eyes and leaned in to kiss him.

By the time they finally broke apart, their lips were swollen and Scott's shirt was unbuttoned slightly. They stared into each other's eyes as they caught their breath, speechless.

After they went down for dinner and Mitch told Connie he was staying the night, they went back upstairs and cuddled up in Scott's bed. Mitch rested his head on Scott's shoulder as the blond turned on Jurassic Park, smiling slightly to himself. Scott held Mitch close, playing with Mitch's hair absentmindedly.

Halfway through the movie, Scott felt Mitch fall asleep. He smiled to himself and pulled Mitch into his lap, watching the movie again. He tried to pay attention, but he ended up focusing on Mitch's breathing and his heartbeat. He thought Mitch was the most adorable and person in the entire world, and he could believe how lucky he was to call the boy his best friend. His heart raced at the thought of them turning out to be something more.

When the movie finished, he turned off the TV and crawled under the covers with Mitch still in his arms. He closed his eyes and buried his face in Mitch's hair. "I love you," he mumbled, just before he fell asleep.