break a little pt. 2

trigger warning: abuse

A few weeks passed, and so far, things were great between Mitch and Scott. Mitch was better, just like he promised, but it all fell apart one night. Scott watched as Mitch moved around his bedroom getting ready, and he was debating whether or not to ask Mitch where he was going. He didn't want Mitch to hit him again.

After Mitch had changed and done his makeup, he made his way over to Scott and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "I'm going out with Austin tonight. I'll probably be back late, so don't stay up to wait for me, okay? Go to sleep," he murmured, brushing his thumb over his cheek. "I love you." Scott blushed, his heart fluttering in his chest. "I love you too, Mitchy," he whispered, and his fingers subconsciously reached out to Mitch when he pulled away, his entire body leaning into the gentle touch. Mitch offered him one last smile before he left the house.

+++

It was late when Mitch came home. Scott perked up at the sound of the door opening, and a smile formed on his lips as he rushed out to see him. However, it faded almost immediately when he saw Mitch making out with a man that was much larger than he was, and his heart slowly shattered to a million pieces.

"M-Mitchy?" His voice was hardly a whisper, but it resounded in the quiet like he had screamed it.

Mitch separated from the man and turned to see Scott, his gaze dark with lust. He rolled his eyes as soon as he realized whom Scott was, and he held onto the man's shirt to keep himself from falling over. "Oh. It's you," he slurred, disgust in his voice. "Go away, I'm busy." He turned to continue making out with the man, seemingly not caring about his boyfriend. Tears began to form in Scott's eyes, and his breathing began to shake as he tried to keep himself from breaking down in tears. "B-But- But what about me?" he whispered without thinking, and Mitch slowly pulled away from the man and turned to see Scott again. This time, his eyes were dark with anger. "I don't give a shit about you. You could go kill yourself and I wouldn't give a fuck. Now shut the fuck up and leave me alone. I'm trying to get laid and I'm not going to let my ugly bitch of a boyfriend stop me," he snarled. Scott flinched hard and shrank into himself as Mitch went back to his toy, soft sobs beginning to escape his lips. He wanted to run off to his room, but he was paralyzed.

"I thought I told you to leave me the fuck alone!" Mitch yelled, storming over to punch him hard. Scott cried out in pain and covered his face, but Mitch continued to yell and scream obscenities at him, punching him and kicking him wherever he could reach. Scott sobbed louder with every kick and punch, but with one final kick to his head, his sobs were silenced.

+++

Mitch woke up with a pounding headache. He let out a soft groan from the bright light and turned to hide his face in Scott's chest, but he furrowed his eyebrows when it wasn't Scott. He opened his eyes to see the man's bare chest, and his heart jerked fearfully as he looked under the covers. "Shit," he hissed when he saw their naked lower halves, and he scrambled to get out of bed and pull boxers on. "Hey. Wake up." He nudged the man hard, and stormy gray eyes slowly opened to meet Mitch's, a smirk forming on the man's lips. "Hey, sexy," he murmured, his voice hoarse from sleep. "You need to go. Now," Mitch hissed, trying to push him out of the bed. The man rolled his eyes, but he got up and dressed. "Call me later, I put your name in my phone," he mumbled in Mitch's ear, squeezing his ass one last time before he left.

Mitch prayed to whatever God there was that Scott had been asleep when he'd come home last night and that he was still asleep so he wouldn't see the man leaving, and his hands shook as he tried to fix his hair. With a tremulous sigh, he carefully made his way out of the bedroom.

He checked Scott's room first, but Scott wasn't in there. Chewing his lip nervously, Mitch walked into the living room, and he screamed at the sight; Scott was unconscious on the floor, covered in bruises and dried blood. Tears filled his eyes and his hands shook as he searched frantically for his phone, Scott's phone, any phone, almost tripping over himself in his haste to get to Scott. He collapsed at his side and pulled Scott's head in his lap, cradling him close as he typed in the three numbers no one ever wanted to dial.