it's complicated pt. 2

oh my gosh i just noticed last night that we have one hundred thousand views?????!?!?!?!?!??

thank you so so so so so so much everyone i never imagined i'd get that many

happy new year everyone :))))))))))))))))))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mitch's family came over on Christmas Eve, like they did every year. It was tradition, since the families were so close because of Scott and Mitch's friendship. They were practically family already.

For the first time, Scott didn't really want to see Mitch. He was tempted to hide in his room all day, but he couldn't. He wanted to be with his family on Christmas Eve, and not wanting to see Mitch would not stop him.

He was pretty successful with avoiding Mitch for most of the day, but it went downhill when they went to church for the Christmas Eve service. Mitch made his way over to Scott and grabbed his hand before Scott could slip away, and he made sure to sit right next to him in the pews. "Scotty, I haven't seen you all day," Mitch whispered, squeezing his hand. "Why have you been avoiding me?" Scott glanced down at him, but he blushed and turned away without answering. Mitch opeed his mouth to question him more, but the sermon started, so he was forced to close it again. A frown formed on his lips, and he rested his head on Scott's shoulder before he turned to watch. He didn't realize it, but Scott's cheeks heated up when Mitch didn't let go of his hand.

After the service was over, the families went out to dinner. Mitch kept a tight grip on Scott's hand so the blond couldn't get away, and he sat next to him again when they got to the restaurant. "Scotty, why have you been avoiding me?" he repeated softly, looking up at him. "Did I do something wrong?" Scott felt his heart soften, and he couldn't help but shake his head. "No, Mitchy. You haven't done anything wrong," he murmured, wrapping his arms around Mitch in a hug. Relief washed over Mitch, and he was quick to hug him back. "I love you," he mumbled, burying his face in Scott's shoulder. Scott's heart ached, but he kissed Mitch's ear and closed his eyes. "I love you too."

When they got back to the house that night, Mith cuddled up to Scott on the couch as the families settled in to watch Christmas movies. They were wrapped in a blanket, and Mitch was wrapped in Scott's arms. Scott could feel Landon's curious gaze on them, but he ignored it, knowing he'd blush if he made eye contact with his nephew.

The hours passed slowly. The movie was mere background noise, as most of the family was conversing quietly amongst themselves. Mitch's head was on Scott's shoulder, and his eyes were unfocused, staring absently at the TV screen. Scott's eyes were closed and his head was resting on top of Mitch's, and the only thing he was concentrating on at the moment was the feeling of Mitch's warm body pressed against his.

"Scotty?"

Scott's mother's voice brought him out of his stupor, but he didn't open his eyes, simply humming softly in acknowledgement that he'd heard. 

"I know you're all comfy, but could you pretty please go make me some hot chocolate?"

Scott groaned quietly and buried his face in Mitch's hair, pulling the boy closer. Mitch closed his eyes and set his head in Scott's neck, his arms wrapping around Scott's torso. Connie laughed and shook her head fondly. "You can bring Mitch with you if you want." Scott was still for another moment before he finally separated himself from Mitch and stood. "You're lucky I love you," he mumbled to his mother as he went into the kitchen. Mitch whined when he left and followed him.

Mitch wrapped his arms around Scott from behind and rested his head against his back as he made the hot chocolate, his eyes slipping closed again. Scott stirred the hot chocolate mix into the warm milk, but he wasn't really paying attention to what he was doing, too distracted by Mitch pressed against him. Luckily, he managed to finish the hot chocolate without spilling anything, and he forced himself to take it out to Mitch.

"Thank you, honey," Connie said as she took it from him, amusement clearly in her voice. Scott mumbled out a response and plopped back down on the couch he was sitting on before, and Mitch took the opportunity to sit directly on his lap. Scott wrapped his arms around the smaller boy as he curled up against his chest and rested his head in his neck once more. Both of their eyes closed, and Mitch felt himself falling asleep. Scott was about to drift off as well, but he sensed a presence, and he reluctantly opened his eyes. There was Landon, a small smile on his lips. "Uncle Scott?"

"Hm?"

"It sure looks like you and Mitchy are in love."

Scott blushed, and he glanced down at Mitch to make sure he was asleep. "We're not, Landon. I told you."

"He looks at you like you look at him."

"No, he doesn't," Scott mumbled, though his cheeks flushed even more.

"Yes, he does," Landon insisted. "Momma put a present for you above you."

Scott glared at his sister, already knowing what it was. "Laur, I can't kiss him. That's not fair." Lauren shrugged, a wide grin on her face. "It's tradition, little bro. You gotta," she teased, and it was at that moment when Scott realized that the entire family, both Scott's and Mitch's, was watching them eagerly. Landon giggled and scurried back to his mother.

Scott blushed more, but he stubbornly shook his head. "I can't. He's asleep, I don't want to wake him. Besides, he doesn't love me." Mike rolled his eyes. "Are you kidding? Scott, when you're not around, you're all he talks about. Trust me, I know. He talked about you for a solid two hours yesterday," he said, and Nel nodded in agreement. "Yeah. He's so in love with you it's almost ridiculous."

Scott's heart beat faster, and he looked down at the boy in his arms. Mitch was sleeping soundly, his face buried in Scott's neck and his body warm and soft. Scott felt self-conscious with everyone staring at him, but Nel's words had given him some amount of courage. Carefully, he tilted Mitch's head up, and sleepy brown eyes fluttered open at the movement. "Scotty?" he mumbled, but Scott didn't respond, simply connecting their lips. Mitch's eyes widened, but he relaxed and kissed back, wrapping his arms around Scott's neck. If he was being honest, he wasn't sure if he was actually awake and this was only a dream.

The Hoying and Grassi families cheered as they kissed. Mitch pressed himself against Scott's chest, and Scott's hands came to rest on Mitch's love handles to pull him closer.

When they finally broke apart, Mitch stared into Scott's eyes as he caught his breath. "What was that for?" he whispered barely audibly. A soft smile formed on Scott's lips, and he gestured up at the mistletoe. "My family finally gave me the courage to make a move on you like I've been trying to do for ten years." Mitch giggled and blushed lightly, hiding his face in Scott's shoulder. "Will you be my boyfriend?" Scott whispered, massaging the back of his neck. Mitch blushed deeply, and he kissed Scott in response.