where dreams come true

Mitch loved Disneyland, so you can imagine how excited he was when his Alpha, Scott, told him they would be going as a special reward for how good Mitch had been.

Mitch was practically bouncing in the passenger seat as they drove, going on and on about how he couldn't wait to meet the princesses. Scott just listened with a smile.

When they first arrived, it was late, around 8:00 p.m. However, that didn't stop Mitch from wanting to go, and Scott couldn't say no to his adorable Mitchy — Disneyland didn't close until midnight anyway. Mitch was excitedly pulling him along as they walked up to the gates. "Two tickets, please," Scott told the lady at the ticket booth with a small smile, his Omega attached to his arm and almost shaking in anticipation. The lady smiled and nodded, giving him his total. Scott paid and they were inside.

Mitch didn't know where to go first. He was smiling widely as he ran around, Scott not too far behind him. They went on ride after ride, and the waits weren't that long considering how late it was. However, unfortunately, Mitch ran a bit too far away from Scott, and the Alpha couldn't see where he went. It was dark, after all. Scott almost instantly felt himself start to panic. You've lost your Omega already. Only took you an hour.

It didn't take long for Mitch to realize he'd lost his Alpha. Mitch frowned and stopped, looking around. "Alpha?" He couldn't see the familiar sight of his tall blond dork anywhere, and his eyes filled with tears. "Alpha?" he repeated weakly.

"Are you lost?" Mitch jumped violently at the voice and turned, but luckily it was only a park employee. Mitch whimpered and nodded, wrapping his arms around himself. "I lost my Alpha..." The male Beta frowned sympathetically and offered his hand. "It's alright, sweetie. I'll take you to the Guest Services desk, your Alpha will probably be there waiting," he said gently, and Mitch timidly took his hand.

Scott wasn't there. Mitch held himself tighter and tried to blink away his tears, sniffling quietly. The Beta went behind the desk and began typing into his computer, but looked up at him when he heard the pathetic sound. "Aw, don't cry, honey. I'm sure your Alpha will be here soon," he said, offering Mitch a smile. The timid Omega just looked at his feet. "I mean, it was pretty irresponsible of them to leave you all alone," the Beta continued. "He should've been paying attention. I always say that young Alphas shouldn't have Omegas." Mitch frowned slightly and looked up at him, about to speak. However, the Beta kept talking. "It really amazes me how incompetent young Alphas are. I mean, you're lucky enough to get an Omega and you lose them? I don't know how your Alpha managed to lose one as pretty as you."

"Don't talk about my Alpha that way," Mitch said quietly, frowning more at the Beta.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. It just boggles me, you know? You'd think they'd love you too much to let you get lost."

"He does love me. It was my fault. My Alpha's the best Alpha you'll ever meet."

"Then where is he?"

Mitch sniffled, his tears beginning to flow. "I don't know. But he does love me. He will come get me."

As if in cue, Scott came rushing into the building, breathing hard. He looked around frantically for a moment, but when his eyes fell on Mitch, he breathed a huge sigh of relief and rushed to take him into his arms. "Oh my God, baby, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Did anyone hurt you?" Mitch whimpered and buried his face in Scott's chest, clutching weakly at his shirt. "N-No, I'm okay, sir," he whispered, biting back a sob. Scott let out a shaky breath and held Mitch tighter, closing his eyes. "I thought I'd lost you." Mitch sniffled, stepping closer to his Alpha. "I love you, sir."

"I love you too, sweetheart. Do you want to stay or go back to the hotel?"

"S-Stay, please. I want to see the fireworks."

"Okay, baby. Whatever you want." Scott looked up at the Beta behind the desk and offered him a weak smile, his grip on Mitch tightening. "Thank you."

The Beta smiled politely back. "Of course, sir. Enjoy the rest of your night."

Scott kept his arm tightly around Mitch's waist as he led him out. He bought him ice cream to make up for losing him, even though Mitch kept saying it was his fault, and they went on a few more rides before the fireworks.

Scott held Mitch close in his arms as they watched the pyrotechnic display, the bright lights illuminating their faces. Mitch was in awe, staring up at them in wonder, but Scott's gaze was on Mitch. His eyes held the same admiration and love as Mitch's. Eventually, Mitch realized his Alpha was staring and turned, blushing slightly at his gaze. "What?" he whispered, but Scott just connected their lips.

When they finally broke apart, Mitch stared shyly at his Alpha, the blush more prominent on his cheeks. Scott smiled and turned Mitch around in his arms so they were facing each other, hugging him close. "I love you so much, princess. You're my everything. I know we're still young, but I..." Scott hesitated for a moment, his smile faltering. "I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I can't go a second without thinking about you. You occupy my every waking thought, baby. I'm so in love with you, it scares me sometimes, but to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way. So I, um..." He slowly knelt down onto one knee, and Mitch let out a gasp, his eyes watering. "This isn't a proposal, not yet. I'm going to propose to you eventually, if you still want to be with me. I just.. This is my promise to you. I'm promising myself to you for however long you want me. I love you so, so much, sweetheart, and I'm yours. Totally yours. So, Mitchy, I got you a promise ring to show it," Scott continued, his heart pounding in his chest. He was almost positive Mitch would decline him and break his heart.

However, Mitch just smiled a watery smile and whispered a soft, "I love you too, Alpha." Scott smiled relievedly, but his heartbeat didn't slow. "Can I put the ring on?" he asked quietly, and Mitch nodded, offering him his hand. Scott carefully took it and slid it on, then kissed his fingers before standing and pulling Mitch back into his arms.

When the pair got back to the hotel that night, Mitch immediately collapsed on the bed and closed his eyes, exhausted. Scott smiled tiredly and kissed his forehead. "I know you're tired, baby, but you have to get ready for bed. Get your pajamas on and brush your teeth, okay?" Mitch nodded sleepily and yawned, getting up. He hesitated a moment, glancing nervously at Scott. When he saw the Alpha wasn't looking, he quickly changed into his pajamas and breathed a sigh of relief when he was covered, disappearing into the bathroom.

As soon as Mitch emerged, he crawled on the bed and reached for Scott. The older boy just smiled at him. "I'll be right there, darling." He quickly brushed his teeth and changed into his own pajamas, then crawled in bed beside his baby, pulling the Omega into his arms. Mitch buried his face in Scott's neck and closed his eyes, falling asleep almost instantly. Scott smiled and kissed his forehead. "Goodnight, my love."