Chapter 17; Obstacles

Chapter 17;

-Miranda:

**I was in the bathroom with Leona cleaning up her cuts, when there was a banging at the door. Who the hell?!

Me: I'll be right back, Leona.

**She nodded. I walked to the door and opened it, just to find Claire standing there out of breath with tears coming down her face. She collapsed into my arms and started bawling.

Me: Claire?!?! What happened to you?!?!

**She didn't speak. She just looked at me and shook her head. I took her into the bathroom with Leona, then went up the stairs, to the bathroom up there to grab a box of tissues. When I came back, Claire and Leona were hugging. It was so cute.

Me: So, you ready to talk about what happened?

Claire: R-R-R...-

Me: Just take a deep breath.

**She breathed in and out slowly.

Claire: Roger.

Me: Roger?? Your abusive ex, Roger? How'd he find you?

**She shrugged. 2 years ago, (Claire's 15 right now, early birthday.) Roger was Claire's boyfriend of 1 year. It all went bad after his parents got divorced. He started underage drinking and taking pills all the time. He even started selling and got Claire in trouble with the police for it. When Claire's mom broke up with her recent boyfriend at the time, they moved to the house they live in now. Thank God. And he hasn't been seen since. Out of her life... Well, that is, until now. He was really abusive and very, very needy. He beat and raped her constantly. The only people there for her through all of that was Leona and I. No one else knows about it. Imagine, a 13-year-old going through all that. Yes. Claire lost her virginity at 13. Not that she wanted to... But, things happen. We went with her through her Trust issues and the nightmares, everything. We even went with her through counseling & therapy.

Me: What'd he do?

Claire: Tried to rape me... Again.

Me&Leona: WHAT?!

Me: Did he?

Claire: No. He's too stupid!

Me: Oh, thank the lord! Where was your mom?

Claire: Do you even have to ask?

Leona: Oh... You better not tell Craig about that!

Claire: I know. He'd probably KILL him... Which isn't really a bad thing.. But, I don't want him in any trouble.

Me: Yeah...

Claire: Why's Leona here?

**I looked over at her.

Me: You want to tell her? Or should I?

Leona: Be my guest.

Me: She was cutting herself.

Claire: WHAT?!?! WHY?!

Me: I don't know...

Leona: I was going through a lot. Cutting helped me through it.

Claire: You gotta promise us you'll stop.

Leona: I don't know about that...

Me: Seriously Leona! You have to stop! It's so dangerous!

Leona: Okay, Okay. I promise!

**We went to go sit in the living room. We started watching Think Like A Man when there was another knock at the door. I went and opened it, yet again. It was all the guys. (except Ray)