Chapter 2: Part 1

CHAPTER 2: Part 1

Miranda

It's 7:46 and Ray was already here. I got my outfit on and went downstairs. When Raquan saw me his eyes lit up. I smiled and walked over to him. He gave me a kiss on the cheek. (My mother was there)

Ray: You look beautiful.

Me: Thank you.

Mom: Aaaww, you two are so cute. Wait here I want to get a picture of you two and Jacob and his girlfriend.

Me: MAAAA! This isn't prom. There's no need to- did she just say Jacob and his girlfriend?

**Ray nodded hesitantly

Me: They're behind me aren't they?

**Ray nodded again and I went silent. I haven't talked to Jacob since the incident at school and I really don't want to see that Maddie right now.

Me: Hi Jake.

**He didn't say anything. He just looked at me then back at Maddie. My mom came back into the room with her camera. We took a quick picture then Jacob turned to leave.

Me: Hey, Jacob, can I talk to you really quick?

Jacob: Uh, sure.

**He couldn't say no cause my mom's there. I dragged him out of the living room and into the hallway by my room.

Me: Look, Jake... I'm sorry okay?

**He didn't say anything.

Me: Talk to me. Please! I'm sorry! If you want to date Maddie I don't care anymore. It's your decision. I'm sorry for trying to control you.

Jacob: ... Miranda... thank you.

Me: Thank Me? For what?

Jacob: For finally respecting my decision.

Me: Oh, you're welcome.

**We walked back to Maddie and Raquan. You're not going to believe this!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------