Chapter 15; Part 2

Chapter 15; part 2

-Miranda;

**I was in the living room with the "baby." I'm guessing it was asleep, cause it was making little snoring sounds. I laid her down gently, making sure I didn't wake her. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. I came back into the living room and started watching tv. I skipped past everything it seemed like there was nothing on. I changed the channel to Teen Nick. They're doing old re-runs of Degrassi. I start watching. They're really old episodes. Like back before J.T got stabbed. I watched anyway, taking small sips of my water. About 15 minutes later, Ray walked through the door. I gotta remember to lock that thing, sometimes. I turned back and looked at him.

Ray: Hey.

Me: Hi.

Ray: You got her to sleep, already? 

Me: Yeah. 

Ray: Well, you work fast!

**I just nodded my head. I'm not gonna sit and pretend that everything's fine between us, cause to tell the truth it's not. No matter how much we both want to pretend everything is all perfect, now that we're stuck as partners... We're gonna have to face the facts.

Ray: So, what do you need me to do? 

Me: Uh, you can name her.

Ray: Okay... What about Kendall? 

Me: I like that name! 

Ray: Yeah. Me too. 

Me: So.. How's Kylie?

**His smile faded and he looked away.

Ray: She's alright... How's Jawan? 

Me: He's good too... Why'd you start acting so weird today at lunch when we said Kylie looked familiar? 

Ray: What are you talking about? 

Me: You know what I'm talking about, Ray. 

Ray: No. I don't.

Me: You and I both know who Kylie really is whether you want to admit it or not. 

Ray: Who is she really? My girlfriend. 

Me: Mhmm... But you might have left out one detail. 

Ray: Like? 

Me: The fact that her name isn't Kylie! Just cause she cut & dyed her hair doesn't mean anything! 

Ray: Miranda, do you hear yourself? 

Me: Are you gonna tell me who Kylie is? 

Ray: She's just my GIRLFRIEND

Me: NO! She's MADDIE!!!!

**Kendall started "crying." Ray got up off the couch and walked out the front door, slamming it behind him. This is something I really don't need right now. I picked up Kendall, cradled her in my arms, and rocked her back to sleep. As soon as I put her back down, Ray walked back in.

Ray: C'mon, Miranda. 

Me: Where? 

Ray: I just need to talk to you. We'll be right outside on your porch. We're not going anywhere, I promise.

**I followed him out to the porch but left the door open just in case the "baby" woke back up.

Ray: Kylie, is not Maddie.

Me: Then, who is she?! 

Ray: She's Maddie's cousin. 

Me: Oh, great! Crazy girl tries to kill me, cause of you then you go out with her cousin. And what a coincidence, she hates me too!