Chapter 22; Never the Right Time to Say Goodbye

Chapter 22;

-Jawan;

**When that car hit Miranda she was out cold! She's been in the hospital bed for 7 months. Yup. 7 months. She was in a coma. They did a c-section on her, in order to save little Myla since she wasn't awake to deliver.

I named her Myla Renee Harris. She was born on January 21st, a healthy 6 pounds, 7 ounces. She is absolutely perfect.

This has been a very hectic 7 months for all of us. Claire went to court, of course. She testified against Roger and Maddie. She told all about the rape and sexual assaults. She even told about her absent mom. They almost put her in a foster home, until she told about how she was staying with Miranda. And how she was fine. Roger was sentenced to 40 years - Life in prison. Maddie got 15 years. Kylie and Ray broke up. I still don't understand why. Kylie's moving to New York. I guess her reputation is ruined here. Everyone knows her cousins are in jail and what-not. I don't know. It's February 1st now. January 28th, exactly 1 week after Myla was born, Miranda woke up. They had us wait a couple of days for her to regain her strength before they cleared us to see her. Today's the 1st time we're all seeing Miranda in 7 months.

-In the hospital room;

**We walked in there to find Miranda just finishing her dinner. She was drinking her water. She saw us and started smiling.

Miranda: Hey guys!

Everyone: Hey!

**I was the first one to rush over and hug her. Then everyone else did. One by one.

Miranda: How are you all?!

Me: We're good. How are you feeling?

Miranda: I'm good! Never been better, actually. Have you SEEN our daughter? She's gorgeous.

Me: She sure is.

Miranda: You know what I'd like right now?!

Everyone: What?!

Miranda: Another hug.

**We all went up to her and started suffocating her in a group hug. I heard her say something... I'm not sure what she said ... It sounded like...

Miranda: Imma miss you guys.

**I looked at her like she was crazy.

Miranda: What?! I said I've missed you guys!

Me: Oh!

Miranda: You know what else I'd like?

Everyone: What?

Miranda: One of those really big Hello Kitty balloons. From each of you. Can y'all get that for me?

Everyone: Uh sure...

Jacob: We'll be right back...

Miranda: Okay. I'll wait.

**We all walked out the door and I could tell we were all thinking the same thing. What's gotten into her? Hmm... Maybe it's just being asleep for 7 months.

-----------------------------------------------

-Miranda;

**No. I didn't need any Hello Kitty balloons! I just needed an excuse for them to leave! I called the nurse in and asked her to bring me a pen and some paper. I started writing my letters.

To Jawan;
You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and I can't begin to describe how much it hurts me to have to write this letter to you. I just wanted to tell you to take GOOD care of Myla for me. She's all we have. The last thing you'll have to remember me. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll be a great father, by the way you've treated me. I want you to make sure you let her know every day how much I love her, and how much it hurts me I'm not gonna be here to watch her grow up.
I love you, Jawan.
Forever Miranda.