(AuthorxNonbinary!Reader) Fight For Me: Happy end

[7]

(Edited 12 January 1028)

A/N Remember, the beginning is the same, but the end is different. If you refused to read the sad chapter, then read this whole chapter. If you read the last one, then skim through until I tell you it's different. It will be in bold.

Y/N's Pov

"ZANE," I yell into the microphone, basically blowing everyone's eardrums out, but I don't even care at this point. My maybe girlfriend is going to die in about two seconds!

I look at different cameras frantically. Maybe I can find a paladin around here? Flicking through cameras I find Shiro running down empty halls. Quickly turning the microphone back on I try and speak to him.

"Shiro! I need you right now!"

Shiro stops, clearly trying to focus on what I'm saying, "What is it?"

"TURN AROUND AND TAKE A LEFT!"

"Alright, just calm down. Tell me where to go and what's going on."

I take a deep breath, "It's Zane, she's cornered. Now take another left then a right and she should be there. Please hurry."

I turn the microphone off again and look back at Zane's camera. She was fighting for her life and losing the battle. She kicks another robot in the chest just as Shiro turns the corner. I sigh in relief, falling back into my chair. Watching multiple cameras, I try and make sure everyone gets out.

The first to arrive back is Lance. Keith, Hunk, and Pidge follow soon after. I flick over to the cameras, looking for Shiro and Zane. They should have been back by now. After a few seconds of flickering through, I find Shiro and Zane running from a large group of soldiers.

"Take a left then a right if you need to find the black lion," I say into the microphone.

I see the two nod as they follow my directions. They run for a few moments before finally finding black in a closed off room. They try to get into the lion but the soldiers corner them, shooting bullets in a random spray.

My eyes go wide, as does everybody else's, at the sudden attack. Shiro tries to jump in front of Zane but he's too late. I see a look of pain grow on her face before she stumbles into Shiro and puts hands to her stomach. Shiro takes her and runs to the lion before blasting out.

I snap out of my shock before running down to the hangers. Everyone follows shortly and we arrive just as Shiro walks out of the lion with Zane in his arms bridal style. I run up to him, switching her into my arms. She's barely breathing.

"Oh god, please, please be okay." I turn and bolt to the healing pods. Quickly stuffing her into one, I wait. I bite at my nails as I look at the pod.

Days pass while she stays in the pod, clearly no sign of getting better. I jump when a hand lands on my shoulder. Turning, I look into the eyes of Shiro. 

"You haven't slept or eaten in days. Y/N, come on. She wouldn't want you like this anyways."

I slowly nod and head out with him, looking over my shoulder one last time as I exit. Hopefully, she'll be better when I come back.

~Time skip~

!!!IT IS NOW DIFFERENT!!!

It's been a day and everyone seems bubbly besides me. But hey, how can I tell? I've been in my room beside the very few times I come out for food. The group won't allow me near the healing pods either. Say I will only feel worse if I see her. They're probably right. 

Sitting in my bed, I hear a loud knock. Without even saying a word the person enters. Of course, it's Shiro. I sit up slightly, trying not to seem as sad as I am. He walks closer, eventually taking my hand in his, pulling me up. 

"Y/N, come on. Hunk's made food!" he says with a giant smile. I give a weird look to his smile, but shrug it off. Maybe it's his way of coping? 

I nod before he drags me out of my room. We eventually get to the kitchen. Opening the door, I notice the lights are out. I look for the switch. Before I even have time to do anything, Shiro pushes me into the room.

I turn and pound on the door. "HEY! What the hell man? You can't just-"

"Hey." 

The lights turn on and I whip around knowing that voice anywhere. Zane sits on the counter, her legs crossed and her hands in her lap. She smiles and waves. 

My eyes widen. Before she can say anything else, I run to her and wrap my arms around her waist. I plant my face into her stomach as tears reach my eyes. I feel her put one hand on the back of my head and use the other to pet my hair. 

A few moments pass before I pick my head up and put my hands on the side of her face. I lean my forehead on hers as her hands reach up to my own cheeks. 

"How?"

"The healing pod I guess? I mean, I thought I was good as dead! I guess that makes me Jesus?"

I try not to laugh at her stupid joke, but I just can't.  I burst out laughing and she soon follows. When we finally calm down, I look her straight in the eyes. All I can see is compassion and I know that's what she sees in mine. 

We both lean in and that's when sparks fly. A few seconds go by before we lean away. When I look at her I see her body becoming... faint? I look at my hands and the same thing starts to happen. We both reach for each other one more time before everything fades to black. 

~Kind of Time Skip~

Light floods my vision. My eyes flutter open, blinking at the f/c ceiling. I quickly jump up and look around. My room.

"No, no, no! Please tell me that wasn't a dream!"

I hear a knock on my door before it swings open. My mom looks at me with a smile before shoving a plate of food in my face. As quickly as she came, she left, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I look towards my clock. 11:37. Ten minutes after I appeared in the Voltron world. I look outside and think about what Zane told me. 435 Alice Avenue. Two streets down from me. 

I quickly throw on a jacket and run out of my house, hoping my mother doesn't notice. I run the streets, hoping to come along Alice Avenue. Before I even reach my destination, I hear a voice call out my name. When I turn, a weight is added to my chest. I feel legs wrap around my torso and arms around my neck. The person digs their face into my shoulder.

"Is this really you?" a muffled voice says.

The person picks their head up and I know exactly who it is. I hug her tightly before she untangles herself, letting me take in her full profile. She wears high waisted black shorts, converse, and a Ravenclaw shirt that hugs her body. Her hair is put into a high ponytail, her curls framing her big eyes and face.  The only difference  I can find is that she doesn't have tattoos. 

She takes my face into her hands before bringing me down for a slow kiss. She smiles before wrapping her arms around me, and I her. 

"So, about that date?" she giggles, looking up at me. 

I laugh, "Sure, how about now?" 

She nods and we start walking towards a little cafe in town. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and she wraps her arms around my waist. Honestly, I'm glad that I got thrown into the show. 

~END~

So hey, that was actually a happy end for you! I kind of felt awkward writing some of this because I've never been in a relationship and don't know exactly how any of that works so...Anyways, comment and don't forget to request via pm or request page! I'll see you lovelies next chapter ;3