(AuthorxNonbianry!Reader) Fight For Me: Sad end

[6]

(Edited 12 January 2018)

A/N So both ends will have the same beginning, but different ends. If you want to spare yourself the tears, wait until I update again I guess? If you want the feels, read this one! If you want both, read both! 

Y/N's Pov

"ZANE," I yell into the microphone, basically blowing everyone's eardrums out, but I don't even care at this point. My, maybe, girlfriend is going to die in about two seconds!

I look at different cameras frantically. Maybe I can find a paladin around here? Flicking through cameras I find Shiro running down empty halls. Quickly turning the microphone back on I try and speak to him. 

"Shiro! I need you right now!"

Shiro stops, clearly trying to focus on what I'm saying, "What is it?"

"TURN AROUND AND TAKE A LEFT!"

"Alright, just calm down. Tell me where to go and what's going on."

I take a deep breath, "It's Zane, she's cornered. Now take another left then a right and she should be there. Please hurry." 

I turn the microphone off again and look back at Zane's camera. She was fighting for her life and losing the battle. She kicks another robot in the chest just as Shiro turns the corner. I sigh in relief, falling back into my chair. Watching multiple cameras, I try and make sure everyone gets out. 

The first to arrive back is Lance. Keith, Hunk, and Pidge follow soon after. I flick over to the cameras, looking for Shiro and Zane. They should have been back by now. After a few seconds of flickering through, I find Shiro and Zane running from a large group of soldiers. 

"Take a left then a right if you need to find the black lion," I say into the microphone. 

I see the two nod as the follow my directions. They run for a few moments before finally finding black in a closed off room. They try to get into the lion but the soldiers corner them, shooting bullets in a random spray. 

My eyes go wide, as does everybody else's, at the sudden attack. Shiro tries to jump in front of Zane but he's too late. I see a look of pain grow on her face before she stumbles into Shiro and puts hands to her stomach. Shiro takes her and runs to the lion before blasting out. 

I snap out of my shock before running down to the hangers. Everyone follows shortly and we arrive just as Shiro walks out of the lion with Zane in his arms bridal style. I run up to him, switching her into my arms.

She's barely breathing.

"Oh god, please, please be okay." I turn and bolt to the healing pods. Quickly stuffing her into one, I wait. I bite at my nails as I look at the pod. 

Days pass while she stays in the pod, clearly no sign of getting better. I jump when a hand lands on my shoulder. Turning, I look into the eyes of Shiro. 

"You haven't slept or eaten in days. Y/N, come on. She wouldn't want you like this anyways."

I slowly nod and head out with him, looking over my shoulder one last time as I exit. Hopefully, she'll be better when I come back.

Days pass again before the group lets me visit her one last time. You heard me, the last time. Allura says she doubts that she will ever come out. She lost too much blood and her body just isn't able to regenerate it all, even in the healing pods. 

I look at her for a while before everyone comes in. We already established I'd be the one to pull the plug on her. It felt wrong for anyone else to do it. Everyone gives me sad looks as I walk up to the pod. 

"Hey Zane, been awhile. I know you can't hear me, but I decided I'll talk to you anyway. I miss you so much. Even after this, I'll still miss you. You were the first to take my heart, and I don't know if you'll be the last."

Kissing the glass, I press the off button. Everything shuts down. The lights in the pod turn off and her body is covered by darkness. Before I could press the button to launch her into space, my body starts to feel fuzzy. I look down at my hands that are now fading away. 

"I'm so sorry Zane, I wish I didn't have to do this," I hear Allura say. She has taken my spot. I wave my hand at her and try to yell, but she can't see or hear me. She presses the launch button just as my vision fades. 

~Kind of Time Skip~

Light floods my vision. My eyes flutter open, blinking at the f/c ceiling. I quickly jump up and look around. My room. 

"No, no, no! Please tell me that was a dream."

I hear a knock on my door before it swings open. My mom looks at me with a smile before shoving a plate of food in my face. As quickly as she came, she left, leaving me alone with my thoughts. 

I look towards my clock. 11:37. Ten minutes after I appeared in the Voltron world. I look outside and think about what Zane told me. 435 Alice Avenue. Two streets down from me. 

I quickly throw on a jacket and run out of my house, hoping my mother doesn't notice. Running through the streets, I finally find the house and knock. A lady who looks a lot like Zane opens the door with a smile. 

"Who might you be?" she asks. 

"I'm Y/N, does Zane live here?" 

The woman's eyes widen, then slowly soften into a dazed look, sad almost. 

"How did you know my little Zane?"

"I met her at the park. Can I see her?" 

Her eyes widen again, "Oh, you haven't heard. Zane passed a few weeks ago. Car accident." 

"Oh. I'm sorry for your lost, I give my condolence." 

She smiles again before shutting the door slowly. I walk back home. Tears slowly fall down my face as I reach my house. My mother looks at me for a second, her smile turning into worry. 

"Y/N, what's wrong?" 

"Nothing, just tired I guess. I'll be in my room."

I turn to my room before she can say anything more. I know she doesn't believe me. She doesn't have to. I'm not okay, and I don't think I will be okay. 

~END~

Hey, so that was about as depressing as my Lotor one! Anyways, please comment and send any request via pm or request page! I'll see you lovelies next chapter ;3