(KroliaxReader) Our Son: Part 1

[13]

(Edited 31 May 2018)
A/N I don't know how orphanages work. I've never been to one, I've never actually seen one. If I'm getting anything wrong (probably everything), then I'm very sorry!

Y/N Pov (You are 20, Keith is 2)

I walk around the orphanage. Kids run around me left and right, leaving my decision harder than it already was. I follow the nurse as she guides me through the rooms. I didn't specify how old I wanted the child, so she's brought me to almost every room in the building.

"This is the last room Ms. L/N. Have you seen any child that've struck a cord?"

In the room, I see a few toddlers running around and playing with each other. The room is colorful, clearly set up for younger children. I see most of the girls playing with the dollhouse while most boys play with the legos. Everything seems happy.

I scan over the room until my eyes land on a young boy. He plays with a handful of toy soldiers; it's clear he's in the midst of a 'war'. His black hair contrasts to his pale skin. He has something that attracts me to him. I smile and head into the room, making sure to avoid knocking down any of the toys. When I finally reach him, I kneel down to look at him.

"Hi, I see you're in the middle of a very big war."

He only nods and continues to play with the soldiers. My smile brightens even more as I try to get a few words out of him.

"Is there anything I can do to help, general?"

He immediately looks up, his eyes wide. He quickly nods and points to the other soldiers. I pick them up and start to have them 'fight' with each other. A few minutes pass before the little boy picks up a toy flag and waves it in surrender for the blue soldiers. I pretend to wipe sweat away and look at the boy.

"What's your name?"

"Keef!"

My smile widens again, but before I can say anything else, the nurse puts a hand on my shoulder. I turn and stand up as she guides me back to the door. I turn around and look at 'Keef' only to find him staring back at me. His face goes red and he looks away.

"Ms. L/N, I wouldn't recommend Keith, he's a very antisocial child. Even though he's young, we've always had a problem with his speech and activities," the nurse says nervously.

I give her a weird look, "Are you telling me I can't pick any kid?"

"Well, no, its-

"No. I want Keith. He's a sweet little boy and I want him in my household."

"Ma'am-"

"No, give me the papers."

The nurse scurries off to the desk. I lean on the door frame and take a deep breath. I run my hand through my hair and take out my phone from my back pocket. I sneak a pic of Keith and send it to my girlfriend, Zane. (Yes, I'm your girlfriend for this, even though I don't swing that way. I couldn't think of a name okay?!)

Me: Hey, so our son is so cute!

~ZMyQueen~: We don't have a son?

Me: *sends the picture* (NOT MY ART)