(KeithxReader) Be my World

[12]

(Edited 31 May 2018)

Y/N Pov

I slowly walk to my lover's door and knock.

"Keith? You in there?"

"Yeah, but can you come back later? I'm not feeling good."

"Sure..." I walk away as if nothing happened. Sadly though, that's happened a lot this week. Ever since the last Battle, Keith's been out of it. He rarely comes out of his room, when he does he's in the training room. It's gotten to the point where Hunk or I have to bring him food because he forgets to eat.

I keep walking through the halls, eventually getting to my room and flinging myself onto the giant bed. Allura said that since I'm a girl I should get a room just like hers, and I did.

I clear my brain and look up at the blue designs on the ceiling. I know that losing Shiro has been hard on him, but he can't push everyone away. It was hard enough for me to break his shell and become his girlfriend, but it's even harder to get back in when he's going through one of his phases.

'Maybe it's just hard for him to be the leader?' I think to myself. I mean it's throwing a lot of responsibility on him in a short spand of time. Plus he's struggiling with the fact that Shiro might not come back. Shiro was someone he looked up to, and now his idle is gone.

I shake my head and pull the covers over my body. I'll just sleep and hope that we can talk tomorrow.

~Time skip: Three days~

In the last three days, I've done everything in my power to try and talk to Keith. I bring him his food. I try to hold a conversation, but he always breaks it saying he needs to talk to Allura about the next mission. Hell, I even spar with him, but he just finishes the fight and leaves! I'm about to lose my mind!

I face plant onto the kitchen counter, not really paying attention to anyone around me.

"Y/N, are you okay?" I hear a light voice ask. It's Allura. She stands near the entrance, her hands on the frame of the door. She slowly walks to me and puts a hand on my back.
"Is it about Keith?"

I only groan and nod. A few moments of silence pass before she speaks again.

"He's just stressed. You have to remember, he lost Shiro and had the responsibility of the black lion thrusted upon him. He's trying to get the team in order. He's trying to learn how to lead a team for the first time. Just sit down with him and talk, I think that's what he needs."

Before I can tell her I've been trying to do that, she leaves the room. I groan again. I lay my head back on the counter and stare off into the distance.

Maybe she's right. Maybe if I just sit down with him in his room instead of confronting him in the halls, he'll talk to me. Maybe he just needs to vent!

As if he heard my thoughts, Keith walks in the kitchen, a towel draped around his neck. He clearly just finished training and came to get something to eat.

He walks right past me to the cabinets. He pulls out a box of 'protein bars', or at least the closest thing to it. Keith grabs one and puts the rest away. He starts to walk out, but I stop him.

"Hey, um, do you wanna talk?"

Keith stares into my eyes for a second before answering, "No."

He tries to walk away again, but I grab a hold of his arm.

"I want to talk. You've been really off for awhile now. I know you're going through a rough time, but-"

"You don't know what I'm going through."

I stare at him for awhile, "What do you mean?"

"I mean," he pulls his arm away roughly, "you don't know what I'm going through. How could you? You don't control a lion. Hell, you don't even fight when we get into battles! How could you ever understand?!"

He lets out a loud huff and quickly leaves. I watch, not even trying to stop him. We've been through a lot together, and a lot of fights, but he always comes back.

I quickly exit the kitchen and head to my room. I sit on my bed, criss-cross-apple-sauce, and rest my back on the headboard. Now I wait.

A few minutes pass by before my door opens. A figure slowly walks in and stands at the foot of the bed. I pat my bed as a sign for him to come to me, and he slowly sits down. He just sits and I know exactly what he's waiting for.

"Really? Every time?"

I lay on my back and he lays on top of me, his head on my stomach and his arms around my waist.

This is how it always turns out. The only reason I was really concerned for the last two weeks was because he hadn't come to cuddle. Even though he seems like he wouldn't really be the type, he likes to cuddle. Whenever he's upset, tired, any big emotion really, he comes to cuddle.

I run my hands through his hair and let silence fill the air (ha, that rhymed). A few moments pass before he rest his chin on my stomach instead of his face, a sign he's ready to talk.

"I'm sorry about the last two weeks," he whispers.

I look into his eyes, "Don't be. I knew you were stressed and just needed time. The only reason I worried so much was because you didn't come to cuddle!"

He lets out a cute chuckle. He begins to let everything out. His stress, his sadness, everything. I only listen and run my hand through his hair.

When he finally finishes, he scoots up my body to my face. He kisses my nose and adjusts himself so his head lays on my chest. I wrap my arms around him just as he has his around me. We slowly drift off into dream land as the quiet takes over.

~Time skip: A few hours~

~Allura's Pov~

I walk to Y/N's room and the door automatically opens. The room is completely dark, besides the blue lights decorating the walls. I find Y/N and Keith cuddled up together on the bed, the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Not wanting to wake them up, I slowly back out of the room. I went in there to find Keith and talk about battle plans, but I think I'll let him rest.

~END~

So this was requested by Cunningcosplayer. I hope this was up to your standards! Sorry this might be a little messy, it was written at 1:33 in the morning on my phone! Anyways, I'll see you lovelies next chapter ;3