Chapter 19

The day of the Quidditch Match arrived and everyone was excited. Gryffindor was playing Slytherin. The house rivalry was something out of the legends. Apparently the houses argued that Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin were enemies and this was continued by the students in both the houses. Anyway, that morning, Harry came down to the Great Hall flanked by the Quidditch team, Neville, Draco and Ron. Heads turned as they entered the Hall. They sat at the end of the Gryffindor house table. Hermione came over and said,"Harry you need to eat something." "I'm not hungry." He mumbled. "HARRY JAMES POTTER. IF YOU DO NOT EAT NOW, I'LL BE SURE TO TELL YOUR MOTHER THIS." Said Hermione or rather yelled. At the Head Table McGonagall looked towards the source of the yell and the was immediately transported to the time when she saw Lily yelling at James like that. She smiled at the scene.
Harry had Toast and the entire team was watching Hermione with shock. "What?" She asked nervously. "We've been trying to do that since the past 10 mins. How did you do that in a second?" Asked Angelina Johnson, a pretty 3rd year who played Chaser. "Oh our Mione has that effect on him." Said Fred and George continued,"You should've seen how she got him to eat his vegetables." A collective "Oooh." Passed around the table.
Then the entire hall went down to the Quidditch Stadium. "Good Luck Mr Potter." Said Hermione mentally. "Thank You, Future Mrs Potter." Replied Harry cheekily blowing her a kiss.
Blushing Hermione followed Daphne out, the latter talking to Fred in her mind. Both Gryffindor and Slytherin teams followed their Head of Houses to the tunnel. The Weasley Twins friend Lee Jordan was the commentator for the game. "Here's the Gryffindor team. Lead by Captain Oliver Wood who plays Keeper, followed by Angelina Johnson, Katie Bell and Alicia Spinnet, the Chasers, Fred and George Weasley, the Beaters aaaaannnnnnnndddddddd Harry Potter, the new Seeker. As a person who's seen Harry play, I'm gonna say Good Luck Slytherin's. You need it!." There was a huge cheering voice from the Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff section. Also from the Alumni section.  Just then Professor McGonagall's voice cut in," JORDAN! You're supposed to be unbiased." "Sorry Professor." Said Lee who didn't sound sorry at all. "And here are the Slytherin team. Lead by Captain Marcus Flint who plays Chaser, followed by Adrian Pucey and John Grey, the Chasers, Miles Bletchley, the Keeper, Jack Danielson and Luke Smith, the Beaters and Terrence Higgs, the Seeker. Only the Slytherin section were cheering.

To begin, Madam Hooch informed all players that she wanted a nice, fair game, particularly speaking to Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint.
She then proceeded to ask all players to mount their brooms. After the players had taken off, she released the Quaffle, which was immediately taken by Gryffindor Chaser Angelina Johnson, who passed it to fellow Chaser Alicia Spinnet; Alicia passed it back before the Quaffle was taken by Flint. He tried to score, but Wood blocked the Quaffle, which was taken by Katie Bell. Katie was hit by a Bludger and lost it to Slytherin player Adrian Pucey, but he in turn was blocked by the second Bludger, hit at him by Fred Weasley or George Weasley. Johnson regained possession of the Quaffle, and with a clear field, dodged another Bludger, shot the Quaffle past Slytherin Keeper Bletchley and scored first for Gryffindor.

By this time, neither Seeker had seen the Snitch, and Harry was keeping out of the way as was part of the game plan. Fred Weasley beat a Bludger away from Harry and at Flint.

Shortly after, Pucey was once again in possession of the Quaffle, dodging two Bludgers, when suddenly both Seekers noticed the Snitch. They soared downwards, the rest of the match frozen to watch; Potter was faster than Slytherin Seeker and nearly caught the Snitch, but Flint rammed into him, fouling him and losing the Snitch. Hooch gave Gryffindor a penalty shot and Alicia Spinnet scored, making it 20 to 0.  When Harry dodged a Bludger that nearly hit his head, he noticed that he was losing control of his broom . Thinking that he was falling, Harry grabbed it with his hands and knees; it was trying to buck him off, zig-zagging wildly through the air. While Harry was having difficulties with his broom, Flint was in possession of the Quaffle; he was hit in the face with a Bludger but was still able to score, making it 20 to 60. Eventually, the spectators began to notice the odd behaviour of Harry's broom; he was thrown off of it when it gave an almighty jerk and was left dangling from it with one hand. Among the stands, Hermione using Hagrid's binoculars , noticed that Professor Snape was maintaining eye contact with Harry and muttering an incantation. She looked up at Professor Quirrell who was also muttering an incantation under his breath. Meanwhile, it was becoming increasingly difficult for Harry to hang on to his broom. Fred and George tried to pull him onto one of their Cleansweep Fives , but failed to do so; Flint scored five goals without anyone noticing, making the score now 20 to 60. On the ground, Hermione had reached Quirrell, knocking over Professor Snape in the process. She conjured the Bluebell Flames onto his cloak, enabling Harry to clamber back onto his broom. Harry soared towards the ground in an attempt to catch the Snitch, but suddenly found it lodged in his throat, having almost swallowed it. After very nearly choking, he coughed it onto his hand, scoring 150 point and winning Gryffindor the match 170 to 60.