Other Sides » 16

"I was wondering," Oh here it goes, Harry thinks as Louis continues his words, "If we could-" This can't be happening.

"I'm sorry but I don't think we should be boyfriends just yet, lets go on more dates before we jump into this." Harry interrupts, getting it out in one breath.

"What are you on about?" Louis asked genuinely confused.

"Well...Gemma said that the third date usually marks the time that, uh, oh my god. That um, we should be dating right now." Harry mutters.

"That's nonsense, I was just going to ask if we could go to an iceskating rink. I've bought two tickets for next Saturday. I don't think we're ready for a relationship just yet."

"Oh great, yeah, I'd love to go iceskating with you. Of course." Harry answers, feeling relieved.

The date goes smoothly, the two find each other lost with the track of time and it almost ends up being two in the morning when Louis finally drops off Harry. Instead of Louis going in for a kiss, he kisses the younger's cheek.

"How was the date sweet heart?" Jay asked as soon as Louis woke up from his slumber.

"Great, per usual." He answers tiredly, sitting up from his bed.

"You don't sound happy?"

"It's just that, what if he's like the others and this is just some act? And I fall for it. What would I do?

"Well...I'm certain Harry isn't like any of your exes. He's considerably younger than any of the ones you have dated, and I actually know who he is. I know you've gotten hurt in the past, but the past is the past."

"Yeah, but what if it happens again?" Louis' breath hitches, the memory coming back in flashes.

Jay swallows a lump in her throat, her eyes adverting to the orange in her hands, "You're not as naïve anymore, Lou, I think you know when a good situation starts to turn to a bad one." she says truthfully, not knowing why comfort words she should have used.

"I don't want to go back to those times. I feel like I can trust him with anything, I've already told so much. But at the back of my mind, it rings in my head like a mantra that this will hurt me."

Jay tears up, coming to her son's aid as soon as she noticed the distance look in his eyes. "It's okay now, I'm so sorry I hadn't protected you as I should have. I regret it every day of my life that I was selfish not to notice the trouble you were heading for. I'm sorry."

Louis holds back his tears and nods, not knowing if he'd ever accept that apology.

Harry sat on his floor, looking through scrapbooks if his childhood. He smiles as he sees the ridiculous poses he used to make. His thought turned back Louis' soft lips on his cheek. He knew so much about the boy, but then...he didn't. He knew all the basics about Louis, his favorite colour is green (Harry's eye colour specifically), he knew Louis is nineteen, going on twenty on Christmas Eve, Louis played footie in high school, and he knew the most simplest details that only interested him because it had something to do with Louis Tomlinson.

"Oh, Louis, my knight and shiny armor! Save me!" Gemma narrated as she and Anne had walked into the room to see a a dreamily look plastered onto Harry's face.

"Leave your brother alone, he can't help that he's smitten." Anne cooes.

Harry snaps out of his day dream as soon as he hears the two conversing, "Who says I'm smitten?" Harry asks with nonchalance.

"The cloudy look in your eyes fail to cover you attempt at being serious." Gemma giggled.

"I am smitten aren't I?"

"Very much so, love." Anne pats his hair as she sits next to her only son.

"The boy is going to give a heartache."

"You don't know this, he seems to like you back just as much."

"May be."

"Stop being an insecure twit, he has those stupid heart eyes."

"Shut up." Harry blushes. The family continues to have laughter with each other, and over all, it's a great night for Harry.

Sorry this is late, I've been having headaches this whole past week. I have exams coming up, and after those exams, I'm done with school for the summer! I bet you guys want to know Louis' secret...so I hope you guys enjoyed this update and thank you guys for voting and commenting and adding this to your reading lists. I get so excited when I see those notifications :).

Xoxo,

LoLo