Ronnie's Meow » 1

"C'mere dear," Jay waves Louis over to her, he complies, pushing cats off the counter as he walks towards her. "Ronnie has been in distress since eight this morning. I've been checking if she's been having signs of premature labour, but nothing. Would you mind taking her to the local vet clinic uptown? I would go, but I have to be in the hospital early, take the twins please. School is cancelled because of fog."

"Yeah, sure, mum." Louis says, taking the cat carrier from his mums hands. The twins run out of the kitchen and outside towards Louis' car.

"Thank you, text me updates on Ronnie, okay?"

"Yes, mum. I'm sure she's fine, probably has a stomach ache or something. I'll be going now." Louis kisses his mum on the cheek, waving a goodbye while exiting the house.

The drive is short, considering they only lived ten blocks from the veterinary clinic. They enter the animal hospital and it doesn't reek all that bad as Louis thought it would have. It's not busy, and great because Louis doesn't really want to wait.

"I'm here for a checkup on my cat." Louis announces to the receptionist.

The man looks up and smiles an award winning smile at Louis. This man is absolutely stunning to Louis' eyes, may be even to the whole world population. His green eyes are indescribable and are so unique. The dimples, the dimples are surely is what Louis is drawn to the most. He just wants to poke his fingers inside the stranger's face holes.

"Oh, yes, Ronnie Tomlinson?" The man asks in his naturally deep drawn out voice. Louis may have melted a little. The blue eyed boy peeks over the desk and sees his name tag: Harry.

"Yes, Harry, my cat is pregnant. She's being whining like crazy and my mum is worried she might be going into premature labor." Louis confirms.

"Well let's not waste anytime, c'mon back, you will be in room 3." Harry says, leading Louis and the twins, along with the cat, to the said room.

The room is nice sized, Louis takes Ronnie out of the carrier and places her on the table.

"I like your hair." Phoebe giggles, directing her opinion to Harry.

"Thank you, I like your Little Mix t-shirt, my favourite girl group in the whole wide world." he smiles genuinely. Phoebe blushes.

"Phoebe, you're like nine, why are flirting with an adult?" Louis jokes.

"Am not! I will be ten in five months." She huffs.

"I'm not an adult, I'm sixteen. Still in school." Harry smiles sheepishly. Louis loves the younger ones.

"Oh."

"Dr. Anne will be in shortly." Harry says, before he leaves the room. And the doctor is with them in minutes.

"You say she's been meowing all morning?" The woman who has stunning features as Harry, she's like the middle aged woman version of him, flipping through documents.

"Yes, we have eight cats and she's making them all go crazy." Daisy urges.

"Eight cats?" Dr. Anne asks slowly.

"Yeah, our mum is a cat lady." Louis sighs.

The vet checks Ronnie out, for ten minutes, finally speaking when she hears something abnormal with a sethoscope, "She's experiencing stomach clenches. Are you feeding her proper nutrients?"

"We feed her kitten mix, my mum researched it." Louis answers.

"What kind?"

"It's Purina or something. I'd that's why causing her to meow like crazy?"

"It seems so, it's giving her stomach spasms. Feed her regular cat food, I'll prescribe her some extra supplements to slip them in every day for eight weeks. With every meal. Got it?"

"Yeah, 's that all?"

"Pretty much. See me in two weeks for her pregnancy check up." Anne hands the pill bottle to Louis and a slip.

"Thanks, may I ask why I've never seen Harry before?" Louis gets the courage to ask.

"Oh, Harry...he used to live with his father until he decided he wanted to move with me this year. He's new to the town." Anne clarifies.

"Wait-he's your son?"

"Yes, I also have a daughter, but she's in uni right now."

"Interesting, see you soon doctor." Louis smiles politely.

When Louis sees Harry petting a dog that has just came in(making Ronnie even crazier), it warms his heart. Louis doesn't have the courage to go up and ask that boy for his number or anything of the sort. He's never seen anyone as attractive as Harry.

Chapters will be short until plot.

Fan?
Comment feedback?
Vote?

Check out my other new/older fics?

Xoxo