Three is Better than Two » 15

"So this is going to be your third date with Louis? What was the second one?" Anne asks, sitting on Harry's bed, watching her son go through clothes for to wear for his date.

"Yeah-this shirt with these jeans or the red shirt with them?" Harry asks frantically, displaying the choices.

"The blue button up with the darker jeans, why are you dressing so nice?" Anne asks with a fond smile.

"He's taking me out to a nice restaurant downtown. Want to do my hair? I'm so nervous." Harry sighs.

Anne has Harry change into the attire before she starts with his curly locks. As soon as he sits down in his computer desk for Anne, she already has the hair products and tools set on his desk.

"You're always nervous, hun, you'll be fine. Why is this date so heart stopping?" She begins to tease his hair, making it tall an away from his face. Hair spray gets into Harry's mouth and he feels like staying home at this point.

"Because...Gemma said-"

"Oh no."

"That the third date marks where we stand, between 'talking' or dating. She thinks he is going to ask me to be his boyfriend. But I don't think we're ready to actually be a couple yet."

"Don't listen to your sister, love. He might not define the relationship between you two. But if he does, tell him you rather go on more dates, just be honest." Anne advises.

"The thing is, mum, that I'll probably say yes, when I don't think I'm ready. If that makes any sense?"

"It does. Darling, you think that you wouldn't be able to say no to him and explain yourself, so you would make yourself say yes to avoid his hurt."

"Exactly." Harry sighs.

"You will do fine, just be honest if it does happen. I know he's an older lad, but he would not take advantage of you, he's a sweet boy. Be honest with him. Okay?" Anne says, finishing Harry's hair.

"Thanks mum." Harry smiles sheepishly, standing from his chair and walking to the bathroom to check out his hair.

"You're welcome, dear."

"I like my hair!" Harry says as he runs out the house unexpectedly. Anne chuckles as she peers out of Harry's window to see her son run into the white Jeep that Louis owns.

"Hey, wow, didn't expect you to actually dress up." Louis says softly as Harry shuts the car door.

Harry frowns, "Why? Do I look bad? I had my mum do my hair and-"

"You look fine, the absolute opposite of appearing bad. I could eat you out right here and now, but that would be inappropriate and you're probably still a virgin." Louis rambles.

"Shut up Louis and drive." Harry laughed.

"This is, whoa, really fancy. How can you afford this?" Harry asks worriedly.

"I have a job, it's called spending wisely. Now chill, my mom's boyfriend's, Dan, mom owns it. So I get a discount, which I shouldn't have told you that, but you were most likely going to feel guilty if you thought I was paying full price, so..." Louis prattles.

"Louis!" A woman that has greying faded hair says happily, snapping Harry and Louis out of their locked gaze.

"Christine!" He hugs the lady tightly, "This is Harry, Christine, Harry. She's basically like a grandma to me."

"Hi, young man, he is very young looking-how old is he Lou?"

"Sixteen." Harry answers with a blush tinted to his pasty cheeks.

"Six-Louis, that's new!" She laughs loudly. "Anyways, follow me, I'll be escorting you two lovely lads to your table. We ran out of staff, some had gotten the flu over the weekend." Christine sighs, leading the couple to a secluded table with fairy lights, all in all it looks beautiful. Perfect, even.

"This is really nice, Lou." Harry comments.

"You know, Louis never takes anyone here, well he has once, but I had to kick that mistake out. This boy never tells anyone of his other family, really, I end up finding out about his relationships during the ending." She rambles, placing two menus on the table.

Harry starts to panic a little, maybe Louis was going to ask him to be his-boyfriend? The curly haired boy laughs nervously. Louis give him a confused look.

"So, do you guys want order right now? Or wait until Harry decides? I know you already have in mind what you want." Christine directs to Louis.

"I can wait, for Harry-"

"No, I'll just have whatever you have, 'm not picky. Unless there are strawberries, I'm allergic." Harry says genuinely.

"Then I guess we'll both have the ravioli soup and the chicken Parmesan with the side of dumplings? I would also like a cherry Pepsi, and I know Harry likes the same right? " Louis says, Harry nods to the last part.

"I'll have my cooks hurry it up, for my special boy." The lady says, pinching Louis' cheek.

"I've never been somewhere as nice as this on a date." Harry says without thinking.

"Yeah, well, I thought you'd like it. maybe this'll take your mind off the other competition, yeah?"

"What competition?"

"Michael? I don't know, you're hot, okay? I'm allowed to get insecure." Louis jokes.

"I don't like high school boys, Lou. Well, mostly, unless you count the ones from television shows?" Harry says cheekily.

"Can I ask you something?"

Harry's eyes widen, a lump forcing it's way down his throat, "O-okay."

Sorry I left this at a cliffhanger, oopsies. This is a little late, I know. I've been working on my final project for English. And then it's been so busy this week. And it will be until school is done with in a few more weeks and then summer vacay. I also applied for a job, so...if I do get it, then I won't be able to update as much. I'll try my best though. I always try, please do not think that I slack off, because I always think of what I want to do next for this and how it'll go. Thanks for the support and reads and votes. You guys are phenomenal, really. 3k reads? I never would have thought I would've gotten that much. Please continue to be patient with me?

Xoxo,

LoLo.