Wakanda (Part 7)

Wakanda (Part 7)

One Shot #22 (Cont.)

Vision's POV

Time Skip... Three Weeks Later...

   The war is coming to an end thankfully but I've gotten the clearance to fight in the end of it. I've missed fighting alongside Wanda and the fellow Avengers. I have to be careful of course, but it sure does feel good to be useful again. Wanda refuses for me to fight alone so she's basically guarding me. "Wanda, I appreciate your concern, but Steve really needs you. Go to him." She shakes her head no. "Steve has plenty of other people to choose from. I'm fine where I am Viz." I sigh, knowing that there's no budging my lovely but stubborn Wanda. Together, we fight off a few of Thano's minions before stumbling upon Thanos himself. Stark retrieved my Infinity Stone back two days ago. Thanos apparently doesn't have the best coordination and dropped it in a pile of rubbish. Yes, he made sure to clean it before placing it back into my head. 

   Wanda tenses up next to me and I wrap an arm around her waist. Thanos sneers at us. "If it isn't the star crossed lovers of the Avengers who are both doomed to the same fate." I glare at him. "I'm back Thanos and you should be scared of me. You're losing a lot of your power with every passing minute. You feel threatened, as you should. Pretty soon, you'll be done. So tell me, any last words?" Thanos growls at me, spitting in my face. I sneer at him for doing so, but simply wipe the spit out of my face. Out of nowhere, Loki along with the three Guardians who hate Thanos the most (Gamora, Nebula, and Drax). Thanos is startled by their appearance and tries to kiss up to them in the hopes that they won't kill him. Spoiler alert, they are planning to do just that. 

    Wanda and I do the childlike thing of cheering the four of them on as they do everything possible to kill Thanos. Slowly but surely, his energy levels are next to nothing and the Infinity Gauntlet falls off of his fist. He then collapses to the ground, takes his last breath of life, and dies the gruesome death a villain like him truly deserves. We all then do a really bad happy dance and applaud one another on finally defeating and killing Thanos, signaling the end to this long and tragic war. We then meet up with the rest of the Avengers, Guardians, etc to begin planning on how we're going to deal with the aftermath of the water. We have a long road of ahead of us as do the civilians, first responders, universal beings from the other realms, etc. It will be a long time before things truly get back to normal. 

    Wanda looks up at me tiredly, yawning quite loudly. "Viz, we did it." I smile softly at her. "We did. The war has finally ended. The cleanup has only begun, but believe it or not, that's the easier part. Right?" She nods in agreement. "Right. Together?" I press a tender kiss to her forehead before placing one on her soft, lovely lips. "Together." 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! I know this was a short update today, but it was fitting way to end this one shot. By the way, I have some updates on my dad's condition. The cause of his stroke was high blood pressure, he should be released from the hospital pretty soon, he's going to be in rehab for at least a few weeks, his blood sugar is very high but slowly going down, and his living arrangements afterwards have yet to be determined. Thank you everyone for being so understanding and kind to me. I appreciate it and love you guys so much. <3 -Mary