It All Started At A Bar (Part 1)

One Shot #2 

Vision's POV

 It's been a long day at the office and all I want to do is go down to the bar across the street with my good friend Bruce, have a few drinks with him, and just relax. I've been so stressed out lately and to be honest, a little lonely. Bruce and I spend a lot of time together and it's great, but I can't help but wonder why I'm feeling so incomplete. Bruce says it's because I don't have a woman in my life. I love Bruce dearly but he isn't one to talk. He spends all of his time outside of the office partaking in all sorts of science experiments to earn extra money. He hasn't been with a woman in ten years, though I do admire his optimism despite that. 

  I'm sitting at my desk packing up my things when Bruce comes over with a grin on his face. "I'm in the mood for some drinks. Care to join me Vision?" I grin back. "I was just going to ask you the same question. My answer is yes by the way." I know you're probably wondering why Bruce just called me Vision so I'll give you a short explanation. My name is Vincent and I hate it with a burning passion so one day I asked Bruce to come up with a cool nickname for me, hence Vision was created. You have to admit that Vision sounds so much cooler than Vincent. I grab my things and follow Bruce out onto the busy streets of Boston, heading straight for the bar. Upon arrival, we immediately order our first round of drinks. 

   "Bruce, doesn't Tony just piss you off?" Bruce nods. "He sure does. Today he made me redo a hundred faxes because they weren't good enough for him. You know how detailed I am. I put a lot of effort into my work. As tempted as I am to half ass it some days, I don't. My pride won't allow me to purposely tank at my job." I roll my eyes. "He has some nerve. When you stepped out to go the bathroom this afternoon, he started yelling at me in front of everyone, calling me every name in the book because Bucky overheard me muttering to myself about Tony being asshole, so he went back and told him to earn a few brownie points. He's the new guy in the office and wants to become the boss' pet." Bruce smirks at me. "You know what we should do?" Just as I'm about to ask him "What?",  a super gorgeous walks by me, causing my attention to drift onto her. Bruce has to snap his fingers in front of me four times before I come back to Earth, putting my attention back on him once more. He's smirking at me again.

   "Vision, I take it you're interested in that girl who just walked by. I don't blame you, she's a pretty girl. Go over and talk to her, it might take a bit of the stress of you." I blush slightly and try my best to hide it. "Bruce, she's really gorgeous. I'm so repulsive. I highly doubt that she'd even give me the time of day." Bruce shrugs. "I don't know either man, but you won't know unless you try. By the way, you're not repulsive so don't ever say that again." I sigh and slowly make my way over to the gorgeous girl in the scarlet colored dress. "Excuse me miss?" She turns around instantly, her eyes staring practically into my soul. She gives me a kind smile. "Why hello there. I saw you staring at me a moment ago. I was hoping I'd get your attention." I get a small ounce of courage and move closer to her. "Really? Why is that?" 

  She tilts her head in this super cute way. "I don't know to be honest, but I can feel your aura and it's a really unique one. It's one that makes me want to get to know you." I smile at her. "I'm glad to hear that because I'd like to get to know you too, though I'm here with a friend and I don't want him to think that I'm ditching him. Do you mind if the three of us drink together?" She smiles back. "Not at all. I'm all for meeting new people. By the way, my name is Wanda. I didn't catch yours." I smile. "I'm Vision." Wanda giggles. "Vision? I'm pretty sure that's just a nickname that you invented for yourself." I put my hands up in surrender. "Guilty as charged." I lead her over to where Bruce is sitting, introducing the two of them to one another. We spend the rest of the evening getting to know each other over my rounds of drinks and the drunken taxi ride to each of our places. 

   Wanda and I swapped numbers and we have a date on Friday, which is three days from now. I'm looking forward to getting to know her even more, this time one on one. Bruce liked her a lot and they were able to hit it off as friends, which I'm thrilled about. I'll put up with all of the shit Tony throws my way for the rest of the week with a smile on my face because nothing can ruin the fact that I have a date with an amazing girl on Friday.

Hoped that you guys liked this part of this one shot! :) -Mary