Christmas Magic

Christmas Magic

One Shot #17

Vision's POV

  It's Christmas morning and all of us Avengers have gathered around in our common room in Stark Tower to eat good food, open presents, and enjoy Christmas music together. We don't get to participate in normal festivities for holidays very often, but thankfully this year, we get to actually celebrate for the first time in years. Sure we've gotten each other gifts every year, but it wasn't magical like it is this year. We picked names out of a hat two weeks ago and had to get a gift for whoever's name we pulled. I got Wanda and was over the moon about it. There's this signed edition of a book that she's been wanting to read for quite some time now so I got her that in addition to some makeup because she likes doing makeup in her spare time. She's quite good at doing it if I may say so myself. 

  One by one, everyone opens their gift, guessing who it's from. Everyone seems to be able to guess who their gifts are from right away for the most part. The only one who's struggled to figure it out so far is Bruce. Of all people, Steve Rogers was the one who got him his gift. What a surprise. Wanda is the last one to get her gift, well technically gifts from under the tree. She opens them carefully, making sure that everyone can see her opening them. When the book and makeup is unwrapped, she squeals adorably. "I totally know Vision got me these amazing gifts." She looks at me and I feel the heat rush to my cheeks. I can't blush, but my face can still get hot at times. I smile. "You got me." That earns a laugh from everyone. Wanda puts her gifts down on the table before jumping into my arms, knocking me onto the ground. Everyone then bursts into laughter. My face gets even hotter and Wanda begins to blush. "Sorry Viz, I got a bit too excited." I gently lift her off of me and place her beside, though I still lie on the floor. "Don't worry about it Wanda. I'm glad you like your gifts." 

   Wanda looks into my eyes, making my heart skip a beat. "Viz, you seem to know me better than everyone else." She's kind of right about that... her and I spend more time together than any other two Avengers do. I nod in agreement. "You're right Wanda. You know me quite well yourself, in general that is." Wanda and I gaze at each other silently before getting up off of the floor. As we do, we're getting a lot of looks from the rest of the team. Wanda and I look at them in confusion before she asks the obvious question. "Why are you guys looking at Vision and I like that?" Clint smirks. "You two are totally in love. Just confess your love for each other already." My eyes bug out of my head. I'm really being put on the spot now. "Y-You guys really think Wanda and I have a thing for each other?" They all nod in unison. A shaky breath escapes me and I meet Wanda's eyes. "Wanda, there's no backing out of this for me so here it goes." I take a deep breath and move closer to her, taking her hands in mine and holding them over my heart.

   "Wanda, I'm in love with you. I have been for quite some time now, but didn't have the courage to say so. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have had the courage to say it if it weren't for the rest of the Avengers putting me on the spot like they just did." Wanda looks at me in shock before a shy smile tugs the corners of her mouth. "I was hoping you would say that Viz." I look at her in shock. "Y-You did?" "I did. I've been in love with you for a long time too Viz. Like you, I didn't have the courage to say it until now. It's funny what peer pressure can do to someone." I chuckle nervously. "No kidding." They all chant for us to guess so we both shrug out shoulders, say "screw it", and share a passionate kiss surrounded by our dear friends and teammates. When we pull apart, both of us are breathless and grinning from ear to ear. So this is what love feels like. I love it. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary