Proclaiming Our Love (Part 2)

One Shot #13 (Cont.)

Wanda's POV

The next day...

   I'm just having my nearly daily visit with Pietro, sitting right outside of his cell, talking to him as though he isn't locked up behind bars but rather we're just hanging around in the kitchen. "So Wanda, did Vision proclaim his love for you like a man?" I blush and nod. "He did. Right after the two of you talked last night, he pulled me aside and did just as you said, proclaimed his love for me." Pietro studies my face carefully. "Wanda, does he really make you happy?" A smile finds its way to my face. "He really does Pietro. I know you're still fighting with yourself as to who you want to be and what you known as, but please try to at least be civil with Vision. He's become an important part of my life." Pietro's tough exterior fades, just for a moment. "Wanda, I'm really glad that you found someone. Despite him getting on my nerves, I can see why you love him. You and him have a lot of similar qualities. Given what he is, I know that he understands what it's like to feel different and unaccepted." 

   I lean into the bars and kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you Pietro. Having your support and acceptance to be with Vision means everything to me. I love you. I really hope to see you free one day. Until then, I'll continue to visit you everyday as long as I'm not out on a mission." Pietro sighs. "I hate to admit when others are right and I'm wrong, but Vision said something to me last night that stuck in my mind all night. Wanda, you coming down here everyday to visit me isn't fair to you. You're torturing yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally for someone who may never become as wonderful as you are. Why do you worry so much about me?" Tears well in my eyes. "You're my brother and my only family left in this world. I'm not giving up on you ever. Even if the other Avengers frown upon my regular visits to see you, I don't care. I'm still going to come see you as much as I do." Pietro kisses me on the cheek. "I love you so much Wanda, but I forbid you to visit me everyday from here on out. You need a break from me. Go spend time with Vision. Forget about me a little bit."

   I gasp and pull back from his touch. "Is this what you really want?" A tear slips down Pietro's cheek but he doesn't bother to wipe it away. "This isn't what I want, but I think it's for the best. I think we should limit our visits to a couple times a week at most. Anything beyond that is unhealthy for you." I burst into tears. "Why are you doing this to me?" Pietro mirrors my sadness by also beginning to cry. "I'm not doing this to hurt you. I'm trying to protect you. Wanda, you're a hero now and I'm not. I'm still a villain. Being around me for too long will ruin all of the progress you've made. You're a freaking Avenger. Be proud and start owning that title. You also found someone who truly loves you. I'm jealous of you." I get down on my hands and knees in front of him. "Pietro, you can turn yourself around. Just say you're done with your old ways and you can be set free. I can train you myself to become an Avenger. We can be heroes TOGETHER."

  Pietro looks at me hesitantly before nodding. "I'm tired of hurting you like this. I'll try to become better for you." Hearing those words, I instantly stop crying and throw myself at him, stupidly forgetting the bars between us and hitting my head on one. Good job Wanda. He gasps. "Wanda, are you okay?" I nod and grit my teeth, fitting through the pain. "I'm fine. Don't mind me and clumsiness. Anyways, let me send a telepathic message to Vision to tell the others to get you released." I put a few fingers from each hand and against my temple and do my thing. I get a message back nearly instantly, Vision telling me that he's on it. I smile and we begin the waiting game. A half an hour later, Nick Fury and a couple of guards are standing before us. "Well Pietro Maximoff, you made the right call. You will still be watched by some guards back at Stark Tower, but you are officially free. It's up to the Avengers though about whether or not you will earn a place on their team. I wish you the best of luck." Pietro thanks him and so do I. We then make our way back to Stark Tower, ready to start the next phase of our lives together.

Hoped that you guys liked this part of this one shot! :) -Mary