Proclaiming Our Love (Part 3)

One Shot #13 (Cont.)

Vision's POV

  Wanda has just arrived back to Stark Tower with her brother, Nick Fury, and a couple of guards in tow. His arrival has sparked all of our interests, especially mine. Nick Fury nods at all of us before making it clear that he wants to speak to us. "Greetings Avengers. I'm sorry to bother you, but I needed to inform you that Pietro Maximoff is no longer a prisoner at S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters and wants to train to be an Avenger. All of them look at him in shock except Stark who simply smirks at him. Go figure. "No offense Fury, but how can we trust him? He's not exactly pure and holy." Fury rolls his eyes at him. "Neither were most of you when you first became Avengers, but maybe after you whip him into shape, he'll become more pure and holy." Everyone sighs but nods, not daring to pick a fight with Fury. He's quite intimidating to be honest. "The guards here will be keeping an eye on him in case he does anything questionable, but I highly doubt it. His sister seemed to soften him up a bit before I set him free."

   I look over at Wanda and notice her blushing adorably. Nick Fury looks around at all of us. "Before I leave, does anyone have anything they need to share with me?" Wanda and I glance at each other before stepping in front of Fury hesitantly. Wanda looks too nervous to speak so I volunteer to speak on behalf of the both of us. "Fury, Wanda and I are dating." Fury, who is almost never surprised about anything gives us a look of pure surprise... as do the rest of the Avengers. Pietro smirks at us because he's basically known it all along. "Well Vision, Wanda, that certainly comes as a shock to us all, but I suppose if the two of you are happy together, then that's all that matters." Wanda begins to perk up as do I. "You're really okay with us being a couple sir?" Fury nods. "As long as it doesn't impact your training, missions, etc, then it's okay." 

   Wanda and I try our best to contain our excitement. I bow gratefully. "Thank you sir. Your acceptance of us being together is truly appreciated." Wanda nods in agreement. "I also appreciate you setting my brother free and giving him a second chance at redemption. He's not a bad guy, just misguided." Fury's expression softens for a moment when he looks at Wanda. "I know. I only had to keep him in that cell for awhile until I was sure of that. I know he's not completely evil because I see that love he has for you. He really does care about you." I wrap an arm around Wanda protectively. "I agree. Him and I have to work out our differences, but both o us love Wanda equally. We'd do anything to keep her safe." I glance over at Pietro. "Right Pietro?" "Right Vision." Fury gives a nod of approval. "Well it was good seeing you all as always. I'll leave you to whatever you have to do. See you later Avengers, Pietro." We all bid him farewell. 

   Once Fury leaves, all eyes turn back onto Wanda, Pietro, and I. Natasha Romanoff comes over to Wanda and hugs her. "I'm sorry for doubting you." She stands frozen in shock before hugging her back. Natasha's not really a hugger so when she actually does hug someone, it's a big deal. "It's okay Natasha. Everything is turning up for me. My brother is free and I'm with the guy I love. That's a pretty damn good start if you ask me." The girls pull apart and she laughs. "Yeah I would say that's a pretty damn good start too." They continue talking for a few minutes while the male Avengers all pull me in for bro hugs and congratulate me on winning Wanda over. I smile and thank every single one of them. In addition, all of the Avengers agree to give Pietro the chance he deserves to prove himself worthy of having a spot on the team. Despite him being a pain, his powers are impressive and I don't have a doubt in my mind that he won't make it on the team. We're always in need of new recruits. The more, the merrier! 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary