A Small Town Writer Seeks Romance (Part 2)

One Shot #5 (Cont.) 

Wanda's POV

  Time Skip... Saturday morning...

   Vision and I confirmed last night that we'd be meeting for coffee at one, which is only three hours from now. I'm a little nervous but mainly excited. I've been a fan of his for a year now. I read his first book five times from front to back. His writing is a work of art. I'm truly excited for his next book. Nicholas Sparks was my all time favorite writer, though Vision is just neck and neck with him. Romance needs more male writers in my opinion. It's just as interesting to read about romance from a male perspective as it is from a female perspective. I actually plan on asking him about how his second book is coming along today. I got about an hour ago and ate breakfast. Now I plan on taking a quick shower, getting dressed, quickly running to the grocery store, and then meeting Vision. 

Three hours later...

   I pull up in front of the Red Cup two minutes before one o'clock, only to find Vision already waiting for me on a bunch right outside. A smile works its way onto my face as I get out of my car and walk over to him. "You're right on time." Vision smirks at me. "Actually I'm two minutes early so therefore I'm early." I laugh. "Yeah I suppose so. How are you?" His smirk quickly shifts into a smile. "I'm doing quite well actually. How are you?" "I'm good. I just had to make a quick run to the grocery store before meeting you here." He nods and leads the way inside, holding the door for me like the perfect gentleman. "Wanda, since you were kind enough to actually show up, I'm going to treat you to whatever you want." I look at him with surprise. "Viz, you don't have to do that." He raises an eyebrow. "I've never been called that before but I like the way that it sounds, especially coming out of your lovely mouth." The heat then immediately rushes to my cheeks. 

   "Viz, did you really think that I wouldn't show up?" His smile shifts into a slight frown. "I don't have a history of good luck with women. The women that I've been out with usually cheat on me, ditch me, pick on me, etc." I frown back. "Well they're stupid because they're missing out on someone really special." Vision looks at me with shock, almost as if no one has ever told him that before. "You really think that I'm special?" I nod while blushing. "I really do." Vision gives me the most breathtaking smile while proceeding to ask me for my order, which is a hot large chai latte and a bagel with an herbal spread. Vision ends up ordering a large hot coffee and a slice of breakfast pizza, which is one of my personal favorite dishes here at the Red Cup. The drinks and food arrive soon after Vision pays for everything. We then take everything over to a nice corner table by the stage which they sometimes use for open mic nights. 

   "Wanda, I have a question for you." A childlike giggle slips out of my mouth. "I have a question for you, but I'll let you go first." Vision nods. "Do you have another job besides being a librarian? Being a librarian is awesome, but I figured you might have another source of income as well." "I actually write part time for the town's newspaper." He looks at me with shock once again. "Wanda, why didn't you tell me you were a writer as well? That's awesome!" I look at him shyly. "It never came up." "Well what section of the paper do you write columns for?" "The advice column." Vision chuckles. "Well you are quite the wise individual so that doesn't surprise me too much. What was your question for me?" I tuck a stray strand of hair behind my hair. "How's your second book coming along? I'm secretly the biggest fan of your writing and I'm dying to read your next book." 

   Vision's jaw drops and I end up blushing AGAIN. I just never stop, oh my gosh. "I'm actually surprised that you read my book." I laugh. "I did... five times already. I'm tempted to read it a sixth time to hold me out until your second book, also known as the fabulous sequel gets released." "Well Wanda, I'm nearly halfway done writing it so it shouldn't be more than a few months before it comes out. Just for you, I'll snag you an advance copy for free, on one condition." I smirk at him. "What's that condition?" He smirks back. "You have to go out on a second date with me." I put my hands up in surrender. "I didn't know that this was a date, but sure. I'll go on a second date with you, only to read your second book of course." He adorably pouts at me. "Aw Viz, I want to go out with you again to spend more time with you as well, not just to read your second book. I like you."

    Vision stares into my soul as he responds back with "I like you too." My heart sours and I do a happy dance on the inside. I'll do one on the outside too, but I'm going to wait until after I get home to do it so I don't get labeled as the town's loony girl. For the rest of the afternoon, we talk about everything under the sun before deciding to sit down by the ocean for a bit. After that, we sadly part ways for the night, with promises to see each other again on Monday while I'm working at the library and he comes in to do some writing. We only just started talking and seeing one another, but it honestly feels as though I've known him forever. I really can't wait until our second date. 

Hoped that you guys liked this part of this one shot! :) -Mary