doc say wha?

It is now February, Christmas and New Year's have passed!

Matt's POV

The pregnancy thus far has been fun. Every day Pay asks me if her belly has grown and if she started showing, its the cutest thing. Today we have a doctors appointment, and I took off work to take her to the appointment. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and getting ready while she was downstairs grabbing a bite to eat. She eats so much now. Like my girl could eat before, but I am not joking when I say she can EAT now. It's so hot. I put on olive green joggers and a black shirt and put on my white Nike Air Prestos.  I went down to the kitchen to find Payton engrossed in some Apples and Peanut Butter. "alright you ready babe"? I said walking over to her and kissing her lips. She nodded her head and got up off the stool and pushed it in. "Babe I need a pedicure can we go get one after this?" she asked me smiling and pleading. "Sure thing baby mama. Lemme guess, are you tryna eat after the appointment too?" "Ugh you know us so well" she said smirking, patting her belly and walking to the elevator. "Damn Ma your ass has to be getting bigger with this child" I said admiring her fat butt. "I'm wearing grey sweats Matt, grey makes everything look bigger." She said entering the lift. I eyed her up and dow, studying her and her outfit.  I don't know if it was because she was carrying my child, or what but everything that woman does turns me on. I can't get enough of her. She wore the most amplifying grey cropped sweats, a black sweater, and white Nike air presto's like mine. She wanted to get the Adidas NMD's and but I objected and told her as long as I worked for Nike we were to stay a Nike family. She thought that was the biggest joke but I was so serious.

I walked over to her car and opened up her door for her. "thank you" she sang. I smiled and jogged over to my side. I got in, buckled up, and pulled out of our parking garage. It was a beautiful February day in the bay area I drove us on the highway for about 20 minutes and got out on the exit of our doctor's office.

We pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car and walked into the nice cool building. We take the elevator up to the 4th floor and enter her gyno's office. I sat down while Payton went up and checked herself in. This is my first time coming to this office for a prenatal visit. We went to her general doctor the first time and all was good then. She came back to where I was seated and filled out her clipboard of information.  Rather quickly a nurse called out Peyton French. She squeezed my thigh and we went back.

Right off the bat, the nurse checked her weight and height and blood pressure, all the normal stuff.  As soon as all the preliminary stuff was all down, we went back into a patient room. "Alrighty you're all set and good to go, the doc usually likes to do the ultrasound so, Dr. Tucker will be in shortly!" She said warmly.  "Thank you" we both said. Payton sat on my lap and went on her phone while I did the same, and waited for the doctor.

"Hello hello hello Pay , how's my favorite new mama ?" I heard a masculine voice say. 

Pause. Her OBGYN is a male?

Pay's face lit up and she hopped out of my lap.A tall dark haired glasses wearing figure walked into the room bringing in a strong cloud of cologne. She shook his hand excitedly and plopped down on the examination table. I sized the guy up and stood up from my seat. "I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you before sir, Dr. Justin Tucker," he said smiling at me extending his hand out. "Matthew French,"I said unaware of how to approach this and shaking his hand.

I took a seat while he proceeded to talk to Payton. "So mama, how's everything, How are you feeling, anything unusual?" he asked her. 

Pause. Mama?

 She smiled and started "No Justin I've been really good, and I don't want to jinx it. The only thing I can actually think of is my insane appetite. I eat so much" she said. "And that's normal! Good in fact. Your skinny lil bod needs to be able to feed that munchkin inside you" He said smiling poking at her belly.