Innocent Mute (OHSHC Love Story) Chapter 23

Start from the beginning

He lifted himself up with grace and rushed out, looking like he could have used any excuse to leave the tense room.

As soon as the door shut behind him; Vicky turned her glare to me.

"What the fuck is going on here, Arnold?! Did you suddenly go straight or something?" She hissed, trying to stay quiet.

I raised an eyebrow at her failed attempt to be silent as Lucy snuggled closer into my chest.

"Obviously Sebastian and I have some things to explain... After Lucy explained what was going on with this guy, Sebastian suggested I pretend to 'steal' her away. He's obviously the jealous type from what he told me. This kid needs a little push in the right direction." I explained softly.

Jenna raised an eyebrow, looking towards Sebastian whom shrugged.

"You guys want her to be with this dick?" She asked.

Before I could argue with the hard headed midget when Vicky interrupted me, arms crossed stubbornly.

"It might not look it, but they've got a weird little relationship. Since we started there, they've been fucking inseparable. Whether they were arguing or just talking, it's like they're in their own little world. She's never been like that with another guy; this one special." She mumbled, chewing on her thumbnail.

For a moment, as she explained herself, I was suddenly thrust back to the many times we sat like this to address the Ark. Us chiefs, though I noticed with disdain the few members that were missing.

“He seems too stuck up for her…” Jenna mumbled, pouting.

I glanced towards the still shut door; he is a bit uptight, he even dresses it. A button up and dress pants? Who wears something so fancy to a college party?

Vicky shrugged.

“I thought so too, but that guy is actually pretty damn snarky. He’s manipulative and cheeky and a sarcastic son of a bitch; but you know what? I honestly believe he loves Lucy, and I won’t be the person to get in the middle of true love.”

Everyone was quiet, Sebastian smiling softly at her.

“You’re right; none of us can condone whatever attraction that’s going on between those two, we can only be there to support her. And of course, so my boyfriend can pretend to date her so this kid can grow a pair.” He chuckled.

Vicky rolled her eyes, still looking uneasy about the idea.

“How long do you plan on exercising this stupid idea?” she asked.

I shrugged, looking to Sebastian who tapped his chin in thought.

“Well, I guess it could go either way; he can just simply give up on her, or he can continue to pursue her.”

Jenna frowned.

“Oh come on; obviously he’s going to ‘respect’ this little hoax of a relationship. I mean, look at the guy!” she exclaimed, but quickly shut her mouth when Lucy sighed in her sleep.

I blinked; we hadn’t really thought of that. We just assumed if he didn’t pursue her, then he just didn’t care enough; but what if he backs off out of respect?

“What if it’s an unhealthy relationship?” Vicky spoke up after a moment.

I frowned.

“I’m not going to pretend to beat her, that’s taking it too far.”

She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“Of course; I wouldn’t even suggest that! I mean, what if you acted like a total dick? You know, insensitive, piggish, sort of a womanizer; kind of like how you already are.”

I smiled bitterly.

“I’m going to take that as constructive criticism and respectively tell you to go fuck yourself.” I said.

Her eyes narrowed.

“Just shows how stupid you are; there is no way to tell someone to go fuck themselves.” She hissed.

“Wow, you actually thought I was serious? What made you think I’d be respectful? Go fuck yourself, Vicky.”

Before, she could throw something else out, Sebastian shushed us.

“Shut the hell up you two. Your idea is good, Vicky. You think you can stick to that, Arnold?”

I shrugged; it shouldn’t be hard, I’ll just have to let Lucy know when she wakes up.

“It’s up to Luce, but I can handle that. After everything she’s done for me, it’s the least I owe her.”

Not just me; for everyone in the Ark. She saved all of us; if I could give the poor girl the world I would. Hell, if I were straight, I would have gone after her back when she saved me off the streets. But, the universe had a special plan for Sebastian and I to be with one another and I couldn’t help but smile at him despite the current situation.

I love him.

At that moment, Kyouya wandered back into the bedroom, standing awkwardly at the entrance of the door.

“I’m sorry to inconvenience you, Sebastian; but had you planned on driving us back? I could call my driver if it would be too out of the way…” he led off, refusing to meet anyone’s eyes.

Leave already? He must be feeling really out of place if he wants to leave already.

Sebastian stood up, stretching.

“Nah, I’ll drive you guys home. Jenna is with us over break, so she’s gonna be bunking with us tonight. I’ll drive Lucy over tomorrow, sound good?” he asked, hands on his hips as he smiled.

Kyouya raised an eyebrow.

“That must be a hard squeeze; how’re you gonna fit both girls in here?” I could hear the suspicion in his tone and smirked.

Before Sebastian could even open his mouth, I butt in, trying my best to push the limits of being a complete ass.

“Jenna is taking the couch and Luce is gonna bunk with me; but I doubt I’ll be getting any since we have so much company.” I said, knowing for a fact that what I said got across with him with the way his eyes sharpened.

Vicky’s eyes widened and she tried her best to hide her smile as she pushed the now pissed Kyouya out the door. Sebastian was the last to go out and he hesitated, looking back at me with a smirk.

“Good job, babe. Now, he really hates you.” He chuckled.

I smiled back, winking.

“Good to know I’m perfect for the job.”

Jenna high fived me as they finally shut the door, laughing as softly as she could as to not disturb sleeping beauty.

“Dude, that was fucking perfect! Did you see the look on his face? He’s so pissed…” she giggled

I nodded in agreement, smirking.

Let the games begin.