The Start of Something New

Comincia dall'inizio

"Ues, it's a dirty word?"

"The word is yes. I say it at anything. If an opportunity presents itself, I take it. There's nothing I won't try once, even happiness."

"He's very inspiring. I've been saying all summer he should run an infomercial."

"You mock, but if someone gave me the opportunity, I'd say"

"Yes, yeah I think I got it."

"I don't think you do. See, you've been working all summer in your little assistant's job, driving a cart, getting coffee, sorting things. Isn't there something more you want out of it?"

"Like you saying yes to Ella asking you model in one of her friend's fashion show." Nate interjects and can't stop laughing.

"You modeled this summer? For who?"

"My sister asked for a favor. Her friend wanted none models to walk his show and I agreed. And I damn well rocked that runway. Even got a magazine cover with my sister. The Bass siblings taking over the world is the title of the magazine."

"That's awesome Chuck, and speaking of Ella she's going to stop by with Val later today to visit if you two wanted to see her

"That's awesome Chuck, and speaking of Ella she's going to stop by with Val later today to visit if you two wanted to see her."

"She's still with Val?" Nate asks all surprised.

"Um, yeah. Why wouldn't she?"

"Um, no reason." Nate takes a big sip of his drink.

"So, um my producer Jane, who I really admire, asked me my thoughts on a scene. And I was really excited to write something up, but then Marshall, who's technically my supervisor, got wind of it and, uh he wasn't a huge fan of the idea."

"So what you never did it?"

"Well, no, I placated Marshall, so now Jane probably thinks I'm a flake."

"There's still time. Go say the "yes" you never said."

"You know what? You are actually right. And even if you are completely delusional, if it makes you look this good, I will find Jane tomorrow, Marshall is damned. Who wants to go with me to make sure I actually go through with it? I know what you're gonna say."

__________________________________
Ella's POV

"I dind't know Serena wanted to work in the entertainment industry?" Val holds my hand as Arthur drives us to the studio lot where Serena is working.

"The opportunity was sprung on her and she took it. I think it's good for her. From what she has told me she has been asked her opinion on certain parts of the book by the producer."

"That's wonderful and I'm so thankful that you took the summer off and did a majority of your work in L.A. I've loved having you here with me." I kiss Val as we arrive at the lot.