Chapter 32 - My Frikin Shoes!

Cindy's P.O.V:

"Goodnight Stacey." I say, tucking her into bed after a long day of being fancy, looking after Stacey, and playing with her friends. Shortly after, I leave the room, loosening my hair a little and exhaling deeply in an attempt to relieve some tiredness from the day.  The day has been occupying, and I haven't found another chance ever since our last encounter, from which he left in a grumpy mood, which he probably might still be in. The thought makes me change the direction I was walking to and start walking toward Luca's room instead. I promised to try and fix things, to make sure that the water was even, and that's exactly what I plan to do. 

I knock on his door but the light pressure from my knuckles pushes the door open slightly and I take a peek inside.

"Luca?" I call out lightly and enter hesitantly, wondering if he would mind me kind of breaking into his room, or would just brush it off since we are friends. Bit messy, but friends nonetheless. Besides, the bed seems so inviting, specially to my feet that have started losing all hope to live due to walking around in heels all day. I take a seat on the bed and take off my shoes, sighing in relief and rubbing my feet where they hurt, which seems to be everywhere. Kicking my shoes away a little, I decide to wait and see if Luca is in the attached bathroom and comes out, while I continue to massage my feet. A while passes but there's no sign of Luca, so I pull my phone out of my clutch and text him.

"Where are you?"

A few moments pass before his reply arrives. "Balcony." Now knowing his location, I get up and begin to walk out the door barefoot, since I have no intention at all to put those heels back on so soon, but I notice a pair of large slippers by the door. Probably Luca's. They look very comfy, specially compared with the prospect of having to walk barefoot on the cold, marbled floor all the way to the balcony. 

'I'm sure Luca wouldn't mind if I just borrow these for a little while' I think as I slip my feet into the slippers, the soft surface making me close my eyes in relief. They just feel so soothing against my tired heels. Having been working in this house for a while now, I easily manage to make my way to the balcony without any difficulty. As I'm only a few steps away from the doors that will grant me entrance to the main balcony, I see him. Luca is leaning forward on the balcony, his back to me, in the same clothes that he was wearing at the party, only that the blazer is gone and his sleeves are rolled up to his elbows. Cliché.

I walk up to him and lean on the railing as well, noticing that he has also loosened his tie. Luca casts me a glance then continues looking forward. How childish. I almost roll my eyes.

"So....nice weather..." I say, knowing full well how lame that was, but I said that only to start conversation. I look over at him from the corner of my eye to see how he reacts and I find him biting on the inside of his cheek, undoubtedly trying to hold back the smirk or smile that is growing on his face. A second passes and he fails, starting to laugh and holding on to the railing as his shoulders shake and he faces downwards. I grin as well, glad to know that at least he's not giving me the cold shoulder.

"Wow. I thought I was mad but your ability to be hilariously lame always gets me." He says, his laughter quietening down a little.

"Thank you, I try not to be too proud of it." I smile wide. "And worry not, I have come here to fix your attitude, princess." He just snickers and looks away. I decide to directly get to the point, because I know that beating about the bush or making up excuses or pretending that nothing ever happened would not help . So, I put whatever is on my mind out in front of him.