WHAT A RUFF DAY

Jonathan Morgenstern's routine was pretty much the same. He wakes up, he trains. He showers and eats lunch, he trains. Then he trains and he trains and he trains. That's how it used to be anyway. Ever since his "maid" arrived she had messed up his whole process, and he can't even say he was mad. His suspicion about her had never left him but he started to enjoy her company more.

It was lunch time and he was very hungry. After wasting hours of his precious time, and ending up with something that resembled pasta, he couldn't wait to eat.

"Xen!" He yelled "Since you can't do anything I cooked!"

His maid had disappeared since the morning, she said she needed to get something from the market. Which meant Jonathan was bored the whole time, so he decided to give this cooking thing a try. He should give Xen some credit it was not that easy.

"Xen!" He yelled agian "unlike you I have cooked something edible"

No response.

Surely she should've been back by now. He was practically running around the house trying to find her. He was really hungry but he didn't want to eat without her. Don't get him wrong but the food always tasted better with the side of her voice.

He just loved when he would tease her and she would huff and pout and give off a sarcastic response. It filled him with a warm feeling which he didn't think he was capable of.

"Xen? Wh—" his eyebrows creased when he saw her crouch down on the dried grass by the backyard, if you would call the opening to a unknown abyss decorated with dark trees a "backyard". Next to her a boy stood, he almost looked frightened and annoyed. Who wouldn't be when Xen was forcibly clinging on to your leg.

"Come on! He needs a chew toy!" Xen whined pulling the strange boys leg.

Jonathan didn't think much of him. If it come down to it, he could easily kill him.

"Why don't you offer yourself then, and LET ME GO!" The guy cried desperately trying to free his leg from Xen's claws.

"Because he likes you more than me"

"So you want me to let that demon eat me alive just because he likes me"

"He's not going to eat you, he doesn't even have his teeth yet, Hudson!"

Jonathan quickly made a "huh?" face. What exactly was going on? He decided to have a closer look. He slowly made his way to them only to see that the other boy had noticed him. The other boy—Hudson, didn't say anything but offered an apologetic smile. Xen was still clung to his leg.

"Just sacrifice yourself and be his chew toy!"

Xen hadn't noticed Jonathan was peering over her shoulder. He saw that she was tightly holding on a small white furry dog, who was biting on to Hudson's jeans. So it was a natural reaction for her to almost fall back when he said "What's that?"

"Jonathan," she nervously laughed. The Sun shined directly on her pinkish lips, thus Jonathan couldn't help but focus on them. "That's Hudson, he is my chauffeur, and my friend more or less"

The other guy huffed, "I am not your chauffeur! I give you transportation because I am your friend" then he turned to Jonathan and inched his hand towards him. "I am Jonathan, but she calls me Hudson"

"Yeah whatever" Jonathan definitely did not accept his hand. He doesn't even know the guy but had decided to dislike him for the rest of his life. His chest was filled with this stinging feeling, jealousy maybe? No, it was definitely not that! "I was talking about that stray dog"

Xen cuddled the dog closer to her face. "Don't call Jonathan-ie a stray."

"Oh my god! you named it AFTER ME!" Jonathan's widened