Caution! You May Die

Today was practically a good morning for Xen Goldscar, except for the fact that she fell down the stairs. Honestly, it wasn't even her fault. If you are going to install a huge staircase, it would be polite to also invest in a sign that says: Caution! You may die. But she can't expect everyone to be as smart as her. If we are still being honest, She hates living in this holly dump. There is almost nothing you can do in an abandoned Church. The only good thing about it was that the Institute was located in New York City.

She liked to live with the modern luxury of phones and computers, everything Shadowhunters look down upon. So she has to spend the rest of her days here in agony and boredom. She was still unsure about how the rest of the Shadowhunters keep themselves entertained, probably by training and reading. She is not about that life. She is the literal definition of lazy and clumsy. She was truly never interested in the arts of Shadowhunting, that's why she rarely trained. Don't get her started with reading. Don't get her wrong, She loves a good book, but all they have around the library are endless volumes of The Codex. And
She refuses to read anything educational. See, she is what you call a "disappointment". That's why her mother sent her to this Institute so she can do something with her life. To train under the best Shadowhunter there is, so she can find her own motive. She didn't understand why it was necessary to find a motive to live a pleasurable life. Though, she did have a plan for her life: Live with the Lightwoods until death. It was easy to follow and it doesn't require a motive. Plus, Shadowhunters die young so she wouldn't be stuck here for long.

She picked herself up from where she fell at the end of the stairs. She ruffled her hands through her chocolatey hair and kept walking like nothing happened. "Walking" is an overstatement, she was merely wobbling to the kitchen. Today was not the day to practice walking in heels, especially in Isabelle's six inch heels.

"Alec! A little help here" she called out after a striking dark haired boy. It was evident that he just woke up, his hair was messy and disheveled. He was still wearing the same clothes as yesterday. Xen was surprised to see him here, even though it was his home. He was usually up early and in the library searching for Valentine. Xen walked over to Alec, taking the smallest steps making sure she didn't lose her balance because of the heels. When she got close to the boy she leaned in and rested her weight into the boy's side. She didn't think her feet could handle the heels anymore.

"It would be really helpful if you can carry me" she said

"Why would I do that? It's not my fault you choose to hang out with Izzy and let her influence you about how everything is better in heels" Alec responded

"Come on! Use those shadowhunting muscles and carry me to the kitchen" she batted her eyes.

After what felt like an eternity of death stares from Alec, he simply replied, "No."

"Why not! Do you not love me? Do you wish to leave me here in agony?" Xen, with many things, was also very dramatic. She expected people to do everything she suggested, it was very annoying.

"I no longer do things that make me want to kill myself" Alec said and pushed Xen, who was using him as a handrail, off of him.

"Humph!" She ripped those nasty heels from her legs and tossed them aside, more like threw them. She swore she heard a cat screech.

"Ha! Stupid cat!" Church and her never got along. She was scared of cats and he took advantage of that, she has scratches to prove it. She walked into the kitchen and saw everyone stuffing their faces. There were Alec and Izzy, Jace and his newly discovered sister. In front of them were donuts and coffee. Xen wasn't a fan of coffee but she enjoyed donuts. "Good morning!" She sang.

"You seem weirdly chirpy this morning" Izzy said as she was pouring milk over her cereal, which Xen suspected looked a lot like Lucky Charms.