Bonding

Xen Goldscar has only ever believed in the Universe. There was nothing else for her to believe in. The vampires, the werewolves, the magic it was her truth. But she needed her own mundane hope, something she would blindly put her faith in, something limitless. But no matter how much she believed in the Universe, sometimes it seemed like the Universe didn't believe in her.

The Universe is cruel that way, it sets up a prefect situation, inspires a new hope, and Xen will do nothing but blindly put her faith in. And it will never ever end they way she thought it would. It was plain to see, Xen and Jonathan will never ever end the way they thought they would—

"Get up!" Xen loudly banged on his door.

Jonathan grumpily opened the door. He didn't look well, he still looked freaking hot but a little more tired. His eyes were stained red and dark shades had taken place under his eyes. His hair was a mess and so was his room, with papers and folders everywhere. I should check those out, Xen thought. It was her job to find everything about him, more or less.

"The sleeping beauty is awake" Xen sneered. "What happened to your 5 am rule?"

"Go away! My head hurts" he whined

"I will not!" She exclaimed. "I woke up today for the first time at 5 am and no one was there to congratulate me"

"Wow, Xen you have finally done the impossible" he rolled his eyes and the sarcasm off his tongue.

"Thank you" She was quite proud of herself today.

"Now go away!" As he was about to slam the door she stopped it and held it open. He grumbled, "What now?"

"Here's a protein bar" she tossed him something in metallic wrapping. "I found it in my bag, I am not sure if it's still edible. Anyway, that's your breakfast. Also come down in a few minutes so we can train"

"Train? Very ambitious of you"

It was very ambitious of her, especially since she hated doing it. However, the book had told her in order to make friends they must bind over similar interests. They didn't have anything in common but he does train all day, so she might as well try that.

*******************************************
The sun was slowly rising from behind the snowy peaks of the mountains of Idris. The air was crisp and cool enough for the summer time. The beads of water collected on the leaves were shining in the sunlight, like diamonds. It felt like a secret garden hidden away from the noise, only large enough for two people. That's what it feels like to be in Idris, forgetting that people sometimes share the same secret.

"What are you thinking about?" Jonathan asked as he sharpened his blade.

Xen sat on the ground pulling grass from it. "How much I hate exercise"

"Then why did you to tag along?"

"Because we have nothing in common. I would like for us to bond over things and all you do all day is train" she explained wondering how much longer he was going to sharpen his blade. She decided she was tired of waiting. She armed herself with few throwing knives and a sword. "I challenge you to a dual"

"Are you sure you wanna do that?" He smirked

"Yeah, I will go a bit easy on you" she matched the curve of his lips.

"How gracious!" He jumped up, already prepared for attack. He has been prepared for attack for a while now.

After circling each other for a while, Xen decided to break the tension by lodging her blade at him. Unsurprisingly he dodged. He got a hold of Xen's hand and twisted it behind her back.