How to Make Friends

"Jonathan!" She walked around the house with the hem of her yellow dress hitting her ankles. She wore her brown hair loose and straight. Her cheekbones reflecting light, they could potentially blind someone. She was glowing which was odd because she has been waking up at 5 am every morning and doing chores for a week. Of course a little makeup might have helped. "Jonathan!"

"What?" He mumbled with a mouth full of cereal, and milk running down to his chin which he cleaned with the back of his hand. No it wasn't morning, it was almost evening. Xen can't cook, it didn't take Jonathan that long to realize. So they basically ate cereal for every meal now. It was not very nutritious.

"Can I go into the city today?" She batted her eyes and charmingly smile. Jonathan did not respond so she got a little nervous. "I finished all my chores. I cleaned and washed everything"

"There are smudges on everything, I had to wash this bowl myself twice just so it was acceptable to eat in"

"I never said I did a good job!" He squinted his eyes at her response. She can't do anything but beg to leave this horrid house for just few hours. "I didn't have to even ask you, you know? I could've just left and you wouldn't even realize. I am the master of stealth"

"Fine, you can go"

"Okay, but before you say no—what! Really!" She gleamed with happiness. Cheerfully, she jumped around. It's been days since she has seen the outside, or the outside has seen her. "I thought my makeup would go to waste"

"Get ready boys! Here I cooommmmeeee" her last words came out a little wobbly, you know because she tripped and fell down, face first.

"Master of stealth, indeed" he said sarcastically, as Xen managed to pull herself up. She ran her hands over her yellow silk dress, trying to straighten out the creases. And Jonathan was smirking. "I think your eyebrows are still on the floor"

"Shut up!" She hissed and walked out of the room.

The sun was beaming down on her, she didn't mind it. Although, it is going to be a long walk to the Angel Square, maybe she will mind it later. As she walks, she hears leaves ruffling and branches snapping. Paranoid, she walks faster; therefore, the sounds are heard more rapidly. She felt like someone was following her. Maybe it was Raziel, to see if she was following his instructions. It was very unlike, since there was no body of water near by and he is more a 100 feet tall.

"All right! Whoever is following me better come out!" She threatened. "I have a Steele"

"What are you going to do? Power me to death" a teenage boy, about her age, with sandy hair and ocean eyes walked from behind a large tree trunk.

"Hudson?" She raised her hand in front of her face you block out the sun and see he clearly.

"It actually Jonathan" yes, his real name was Jonathan, but seeing that every Shadowhunter has this strange desire to name every boy Jonathan, she decided to call him Hudson, so she wouldn't get confused.

"How come we always run into each other on accidentally?"

"It's not an accident if I was spying on you" he admitted, not somethings good spy would do.

"What! Why?"

"Maybe because you made me carry a dead body and shove it in a closet!" He waved his hands in every motion angrily, like he disapproved of murder or something.

"She is not dead! She is alive and sound and still in that closet. But you know, I feed her and sometimes even pet her, she doesn't like it every much" she didn't know what the big deal was. Okay, so she has a human locked in a closet, so what! She wasn't a good person anyway, and she deserved it. She is part of the circle and probably a huge bigot. She deserves everything coming her way.