SNAKE

"Why are you suddenly going to idris?" Alec asked with a stern face. He always had a stern face. Maybe except when he was with Magnus.

"Because if I don't I will be poofed! Poofed!" She cried and grabbed him by the collar of his holed shirt.

"Please let go of my shirt, it will get wrinkled"

"Alec! How am I going to survive in idris? There is no T.V. or internet! I am going to have to make friends with bugs and trees!" She wore a grim expression on her face, ever since Raziel talked to her. If it was a normal conversation with Raziel, maybe she would've felt honored. Why did Raziel have to force this stupid quest on her and the worst part was she couldn't even tell anyone about it. It was torture.

"Jace has some serious competition in the over dramatic department" Alec rolled his eyes

"I heard my name" Jace sang as he slid into the room.  "Why is Xen lying on the floor face down?"

"She is sad that she has to go to Idris" Alec explained

"I can't even use my phone! Because of those stupid demon towers, there is no signal!" She flipped over so now she was staring at the ceiling.

"You can play that game where you keep the snake from eating his own tale" Jace suggested. "What's that called again?"

"I think its just called SNAKE" Clary said.

"Makes sense" Jace nodded.

SNAKE: a game where you keep the snake from eating it's own tail. Jace was very poetic here without knowing it. That was the reason Xen was going to Idris, to keep a snake from eating his own tail.

Every time Clary and Jace made eye contact Xen's stomach twisted. She knew something they didn't. She felt terrible and they felt terrible. She should tell them that they weren't truly related, but she doesn't want Raziel electrocuting her from above. So she thought it was best to get of here, maybe finish packing.

She went into her pinkly lit room. She was going to miss this place. She hadn't even informed her parents that she was going to Idris. What if she runs into them there because they travel there all the time? She would not like to see them, ever. They were not the nicest people. This was her second time only going to Idris. She was five the first time she went.  She doesn't like leaving the house much.

"Church! You stupid demonic cat!" She yelled at the cat who thought that her favorite t-shirt was a toy. The cat left holes and scratches in her shirt then walked away, proud. Xen didn't know if cats could smirk but that cat was definitely doing it.

She flopped on her bed and sighed. She didn't want to leave this place. When her mother sent her to this place she was mad. She wasn't good with strangers and changes and her mother expected her to be this social butterfly. The first two weeks she barely even talked to anyone, she usually smiled and nodded her head. It wasn't until one day they were discussing something about the clave and she mutter something under her breath, probably dissing the Clave. Jace heard and started laughing and then he told everyone around him and they all started laughing. She never felt more proud. But what if this Jonathan guy doesn't like jokes or disses aimed at the Clave? What if he was this huge Clave fan with a foam finger and everything? If he was anything like Xen, he would be the opposite of his father, and his father hates the Clave. But what if he is exactly like his father then he will be a bigot. Ugh! Life is hard.

Xen put a little too much in her suitcase. She thought it was better to carry only one suitcase but it really didn't matter because she was trying to fit two suitcases worth of stuff into one. Magnus would be here any second, she needed to close this suitcase. She hopped on the bed and jumped on the suitcase, it managed to close but she couldn't zip it up.