Final

A/N : I'm on fire tonight, and I want to be able to at least finish a couple of chapters and move on! I have a huge, huge gut feeling that... you will hate me for the ending. Keep up!

Freya seemed to have been delighted of the offer that I have asked her. Her mood, emotions, just plain everything about had heightened to the roof. It was borderline exhausting. But I had to do this. To forget (F/N). To forget the past. I had to move on. 

Dinner had ended. Freya had insisted that she and I should explore California for a bit as the night was still young. I had no intentions on continuing to stay with her for the remaining of the night. I craved solitude. Yet, I couldn't bring myself to say no. If I forced myself in this relationship, like I did my last one, I can fall in love with her too. 

She dragged me to a store, a vintage one. My eyes scanned around for something I can wear as well. The pair of brown boots grabbed my attention. Figured I might as well splurge on myself for a bit while I was here. I could use the treat. 

When I headed for the cashier with two boots in my head, Freya dropped 6 hangers of clothing onto the table. I froze, giving her a confused look. She stood there, smiling. 

"Hey, it can't hurt to spoil your girl?" 

'It also can't hurt to have some embarrassment in your life'.

I sighed and asked for the total. The cashier paid me a pitied look. I could only muster a tight-lipped smile. I paid for the items, fortunate that it was a vintage shop so it was quite cheap, and we both left. Our hands were intertwined as we walked around a couple more shops. No surprise, I had to pay for the things she took. 

As the shopping finally finished, I had asked Freya if I could rest and go home. I lied telling her that I planned to see my mother tomorrow early in the morning, and I needed to be well rested. Fortunately, she bought the lie, gave me a quick peck on my cheek and skipped with her shopping bags. 

I took this time to be true to myself. I needed to continue thinking. I found the playground, to which (F/N) and I had mentally bid our farewells. With a heavy heart, my feet dragged against the sand until I was inches away from the swings. I took my seat, basking in the beautiful silence. I had silently hoped that her figure would miraculously appear, but it was far too good to be true. I lost her, and I don't think she'll ever intend to come back. 

My eyes fell on the silver band on my ring finger. The very object that was the symbol for our undying love, the symbol of our marriage, the symbol of our relationship. Hesitating, I slipped the band off my finger and threw it to the sand. I was being delusional. It was extremely different from who I once was. At the same time, I was thankful that I was shifted now into the right path. 

The night fell before me, as I began to walk back home. The luminous moon shone above the ring that I have abandoned on the sand. 

"Son, you seem very detached. You know you can take up that offer to model in France for their new clothing line. I can guarantee you will become a successful male model." 

My father had visited me the following week once more. The days continued to pass like a blur. I hadn't heard any news from (F/N). It was almost like she never existed in the first place. It began to grow numb in my heart, and no amount of nights with Freya could melt the ice in my heart. 

"What makes you say that I'm detached?" 

My father cocked his head. "You think I don't know my own son? Hell, even your physical appearance looks off. What has been going on? Are you not having the time of your life with the arranged marriage gone? Besides, you're with someone else. It's time you prioritize the woman you chose to be with in your life." 

"It's not like I wanted to choose her!" I blurted, honestly. 

I wish I hadn't. His eyes shown evident concern. 

"Robbie--"

"I'm using Freya, to get over her. Don't you understand?! I'm still in love with her. I'm still, and utterly head over heels, in love with (F/N)." 

Silence fell in the atmosphere. For a moment, the numbness I felt in me had subsided. I had masked myself, buried myself in so much pride and ego, that I've forgotten how it felt to admit how I truly felt. 

"Then why did you sign the divorce papers? Why didn't you say anything?" He leaned forward. 

I looked away, and laughed. "Because pride. I've been so far up my ass I took 'go fuck myself' on a whole new meaning. I wanted to protect my masculinity. And maybe that was the worst mistake I've ever made. I want her back, please." 

My father leaned back, breathing in a deep breath. He couldn't meet my gaze. He wouldn't. 

"What? What happened to her?" I urged for an answer. 

He looked down, pressing his lips together. "She's gone. She went overseas. She told us, your mother and I, before she left, that she found a company that was willing to sign her up as a make-up artist. Never in my life did I see a woman look so genuinely happy."

My head dropped in defeat. She was gone. She was off to do better things. And she had someone else in the process. 

I hadn't a clue what ached more. The fact that I never got a chance to fight for her, or the fact that I loved her so much, that I knew letting her go would be best. 

"Son? Are you okay? I apologize.. I couldn't tell her how you feel. I hadn't a clue." 

"Don't worry about it. I'll let her go. She deserves to be happy."

"And what about you?" 

I picked my head up. 

"I'll be taking that offer at France." 

Love can change a person in ways that you can't ever imagine. You'll never wish for a day where it will all end. You'll always want that person by your side. But when the time comes to let go, be aware that you're doing it out of love. A person you love, should be a person you'll always wish upon happiness. And if that meant letting her go, then maybe, just maybe, I can find the strength to do that. 

I love you, (F/N).

A/N : This last the last chapter! Next is the epilogue. :)